Saturday In The Garden

Lovely blue skies here in Mitcham today. I should have gone to Croydon Reptiles to get more mealies, but I chose to stay home and enjoy the sunshine. Some of the local birds chose to do likewise.

This lone LTT spent about five minutes in the flowering currant. I did not see any other LTT's, so I found it rather odd that this single bird spent so long in one spot. As a group they usually pass through the garden like a swarm of locusts and are rarely there for more than a minute or two. These pics were taken through the kitchen window.

The sunshine had an effect on the Pigeon Mafia too

Little Artemis was soaking up the rays

Time for preening

Meanwhile, the arrival of a third wheel caused the Frisky Twosome to take to the chimney pots

In the skies above

Is this a Common Gull?

Just for Hazel

• Hazel C said:

I can see why you love your Pigeons MC, the colours are beautiful. Not sure "Which Hazel" but the squirrel is my favourite of all. Our LTT's just pass through on mass too, never stop & eat from the feeders. The second Gull is a Common Gull I would say.  

That's answered a question I was going to post later, when I spotted a similar gull flying over here.
    Would it be a juvenile common gull?
  • The LT Tits are a beautiful little bird to see,they are only occasional visitors to our gardens. The pigeons certainly reckon Spring is close by,we had 2 taking a bath in a large puggle the day,no doubt for that special date !! Our resident Collared Doves have a nest built all ready.