The Young of 2018

• In reply to HAZY:

A baby Canadian sticking close to Mum or Dad. This wasn't the only one.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

The spotty young Robins are quite cute. Not seen any yet or Geese either. In fact, nothing other than the garden Blackbird I posted earlier, although a second has now emerged to join its sibling.

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:

Wonderful pic of the robin fledgling Tony,  you might have this one sunning against your arm soon  lol

Probably not, Hazel. Because the weather's been so poor this spring I haven't been outside much so the birds are not used to me.

I'd forgotten I'd taken this one a few days ago on my patch. I was trying for a Cetti's which was very vocal. I wasn't even sure what it was  I think it's a youngster because you can see the pin feathers. I think it must be a Robin but need MC's expertise to confirm.

[/quote]

I suppose it could be, but some of the colouring doesn't look quite right. Pity we can't see the breast.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• In reply to monkeycheese:

We had our first garden fledgling of the year yesterday and not surprisingly with 8 blackies around the garden at times it was a indeed a blackie.

It couldn't have picked a worse day to fledge, cold, grey and very wet.

It never seemed to get to grips with the feed try next to it, I guess it will learn.

Although not a young one no doubt this Goldfinch was filling its beak to go and feed young.

And its not often we see them on feed trays rather than on a perch.

KR
    Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• In reply to tony:

Starling. The first sign of the chaos to come.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul A:

I suppose I really should have these little ones on this thread, even though they have their own.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• In reply to monkeycheese:

Great shots Tony and MC, watched the Magpies flying round the street, harassing the woodies and blackies, obviously trying to get to their nests.The only young I've seen has been these Canada Goslings at a local park

cheers  Terry

my photo's here

• In reply to turboman:

Great pics everyone;  here are some more goslings:

Canada gosling

there's always one that wants to play in the mud puddle    lol     (must be a boy)  !!

and rather cute Greylag gosling enjoying the water 

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Lovely photos everyone. Young ducks and geese are very endearing.

Here's another one. Mrs Mally with her fluffy young brood sticking close by.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Ok, my offering is less fluffy ... and perhaps more scruffy ... A Coot family day out!

Nige   Flickr