Reflections or Shadows - your photos wanted

• In reply to tony:

Nice photo ~Tony, I've not seen a water rail for a couple of years.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Welcome to the forum, Len (apologies if you have been posting for ages and I only just noticed it!). Love your Swan and reflection photo. They are certainly elegant-looking creatures. You may or may not have seen the 'Add your "odds and sods" here thread...'--very handy if you only have a few photos to post. It is in the 'Wildlife > All Creatures' section.

Kind regards, Ann

• This thread seems to have got lost in the archives so have resurrected it with a couple of photos ......

a very glossy Mallard drake ....

and Mrs Mally

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Ahhhhh, thanks, Hazel.

Kind regards, Ann

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:

This thread seems to have got lost in the archives so have resurrected it with a couple of photos ......

I have been pondering a few long overdue threads, this being one of them, but sadly with lockdown rules, I've not had the opportunity to contribute, so it's good someone has revived this, and with superb photos.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• I've just seen this resurrected reflects post and had a look through my photos for some reflection shots.

After many years of hearing but never seeing Water Rails I finally struck lucky at Minsmere with a couple quite happy to wander around in the open, one of them quite close to.

This Snipe, also at Minsmere, was very obliging.

One of my favourites, Godwits with a Teal at a local reservoir.

Trevor

• lovely photo additions Trevor and bonus to get a rail too.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to TJS:

Oooo, very nice, Trevor!

Kind regards, Ann

• Lovely shots, all of them, but the Godwits do stand out as well as the first Rail

Nige   Flickr