'One Claw McGraw'

So named because he only has the rear claw on his left foot, the three front claws are missing. It doesn't seem to hamper him too much as he raised a brood in the Summer and seems healthy enough now. He's reasonably comfortable with my presence and I can get to within a foot before he scuttles away. He holds a territory from the front car park to halfway along the rear of the college.

• I have Kestrels calling round quite often I see them now and again I saw one the other day on the back fence but it had gone before I got the camera, I know it/they do get kills because I have seen them :(

Sadly I have not bee able to keep an eye on what visits the last month but I know the food goes down well I have even got two new feeders to put up :)

Jim

• Nice to see OC McG is doing well, MC. We have a female Blackbird with one leg which is completely turned around and without use. I first spotted her back in the spring and thought that she'd disappeared from the garden, but she was seen again only the other day. It shows how resilient the garden birds can be, despite obvious disabilities.

Paul