Hosting your own website.

Hi, If anyone is hosing there own website what programs are you using, I have just got some hosting and was wondering what others are using.

My host has these that I can use for free, or would you use something else?

WordPress
Simple Machines Forum
Joomla
Gallery
MediaWiki
OpenCart

Cheers Jim

• Thanks Pete, it all started off when I got a Sinclair ZX81 in 1981 I did some Basic programming but only little things but they worked, I then started to repair them it was always the memory going down and being interested in electronics I could unsolder them from the board and replace with new ones I got from Manchester.
    After this I got an IBM XT and started playing around with these I made a little money buying and selling but nothing to shout about, I then moved on and started to build my own getting all the parts again from Manchester and the shops are still there.
    I have built lots for friend and never got paid I took their old computer off them and sold these instead so made on these, I still repair them and build them but not as often as I used too.
    I have kept a hard drive that I took out of an old XT they used to call them bricks I will take a picture of it and what they look like now :)

Jim

• I use Namecheap for my web hosting needs.
    Really like their chat support and huge guides base. And price ofcourse.

BTW they started a new product for MAanaged Wordpress hosting but was no using it for now.

Maybe anyone know if it differs somehow from competitors?

• I host my sites at Namecheap Shared hosting

It has all i need and costs cheap compared to direct competitors. 

• I'm far from an expert, in fact, I'm not even a beginner, certainly not by today's standards.

While it seems you've got something sorted, though sadly the links provided don't seem to work, probably due to web page building, I think Google also do some form of web hosting as well.

Whatever, I look forward to seeing the final results.