Munch Bunch: Long Tailed Tits

and the turn of the LTT's enjoying their pastry !     On occasion we have up to  a dozen coming down for the pastry, little addicts  lol

_

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Alan, Rock and TJ,  They can never wait for me to finish putting the pastry out, yesterday one was about 2ft from my face  lol

I still haven't made that next batch of pastry yet ....... took too many photos today of Riverside Robin so busy editing them all !  

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely set of photos. I'm sure they get a little bit rounder each time we see them!

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Not really surprising given all that pastry they tuck into!!

Great pics as usual aitch, such bundles of joy!

BTW, had three LTT Sunday & a couple today ... no prizes for guessing what attracted them ... Also had a desperate Magpie clinging to the flat feeder & scoffing the pastry, was quite comical!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks MC and Wendy,  and yes they are eating more than their weight each day in pastry lol    I'm on the last roll of it now so the mixer will be out today and I'll have to increase the quanity with this lot plus RR !!    

@ MC   not seen the poorly BTs recently, we have two with problems, one had poor feather condition around eyes and rear, overgrown beak slightly and looked raggedy and the other BT has the Pox virus but then again, I've been out walking much of the day so I haven't spent a lot of time looking for them, plus a Sparrowhawk has been calling in a bit to regularly !  will give you updates if I see them.  

@ Wendy,   glad the LTT's are coming in, they are such fun little tennis balls  lol    its surprising how much pastry they can consume for their tiny size !   I'm sure they eat one kilo out of every 5  lol

Regards, Hazel