Wave Glider (Little White Egret)

Finally completed. As they say, right place, right time: snapped this little beauty as it flew across Colebrook lake (north) on the Moor Green Lakes reserve.

A signed, limited edition print will be donated to RSPB (small fund raising team) and David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation.  I'll update this post once I print and send them off.

• That's a lovely gesture Angus, so talented ! Is that what kept you from the forum?
  • Hello Wendy,

I was distressed at the level of vitriolic comments directed at RSPB's IT, with regard the new interface, so took myself offline until I felt matters had settled down. The jury is still out on this.

Though I must admit, as you spotted, that I have been absorbed by my paintings, and also reporting on progress with the restoration of Manor farm by Cemex; which gives me an opportunity to try out my new toy.

You see, I finally succumbed and splashed out on a Sigma lens 150-600 contemporary, taking advantage of their £100 off promotion this past Christmas. I could buy a new lens for the same price as a second hand one! I've been busy learning how to use it. This is actually quite tricky as the zoom ring on the Sigma operates the opposite way to that on my old Tamron.

However, I now no longer have any excuse not to take good photos. The Egret, for instance, was photographed with my new Sigma lens. No way could I have got it with my old Tamron.

I have to carry two cameras with me now. The Sigma for wildlife shots, and a Bridge camera for wide angle scenic shots. Luckily the bridge camera is very light.
  • Bag yourself a framed print and support the RSPB!

I am taking part in the 2020 Vision exhibition at Obsidian art, near Stoke Mandeville, Bucks. The exhibition runs from 10th Jan to 9th Feb 2020.

Framed prints of this painting are available for purchase. I donate 10% of my sale proceeds to RSPB.

Visit Image:  for details.