Getting better

Hello forum friends I have'nt been online for a while, as I broke my right wrist 3 weeks ago.  It is getting better & I am looked after by OH.  Saw a little bluetit on feeder this mornng & plenty of starling's next door. I have put food out as they were in moulting mode for some time. I can now use my right hand for light work.

• Yes thank you, it felt strange after the "saw" (which they showed me like  a roller to cut) plus plier's for the staple's. I am now in the wrist brace, but can remove it to wash & do light washing up, which feels better then avoiding getting the cast wet.  Still have one hole left that has'nt healed over, I hope your leg is much better Mike? Avoiding heavy lifting & going back in 5 week's time.

• Good to hear the cast is off giving you more freedom Jenny and hopefully everything will heal properly now the air can get to it during times you can remove the wrist brace.   I remember having a leg cast removed a few years back for first time when I experienced the "saw" and they explained it was just a vibrating roller blade and not the circular saw type method   - phew  lol !!  

@ Mike,  hope your recovery is still going well, it certainly has been a long and painful process for you so good luck.    Nature/bird watching is such a good way to get through these tough times -  and forums like this too   !

• Thank's Hazel, yes it felt weird putting my hand & arm in water for several day's, now it is used to it. Still doing the exercise's they gave to me to make the wrist strong

• Claire M said:

Yes thank you, it felt strange after the "saw" (which they showed me like  a roller to cut) plus plier's for the staple's. I am now in the wrist brace, but can remove it to wash & do light washing up, which feels better then avoiding getting the cast wet.  Still have one hole left that has'nt healed over, I hope your leg is much better Mike? Avoiding heavy lifting & going back in 5 week's time.

That hole will soon heal over.

Sadly I'm not , but hey-ho, I'm still here, still giving my boss grief and there are folk far worse off, so all I need is to get out with my camera again.