Watercolour

• In reply to Clare:

Now we add a Cadmium yellow wash to the underparts and an orange ochre wash to the upperparts- and Hair dry!

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• In reply to seymouraves:

Beautiful!  I am assuming that what we have previously seen from you has been drawn from scratch, though?

You (and the other artists) should post this sort of thing more often.  This is a sadly under-used part of the Community.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

What an interesting idea and transformation step by step from start to finish, just beautiful Seymour and something we could all have a go at doing.   As Clare says, it would be lovely to see more threads like this :)   I for one love seeing such talents and creativity.      

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

The makeover from the first Kiskadee to the last is still brilliant however you got there, very talented.    

Lot to learn

These are lovely. As I am new in the country excuse my ignorance. Are these House Sparrows?

• In reply to Catlady:

As someone who never got beyond "O" level GCE Art I can really appreciate these pictures,great stuff Seymour.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Catlady:

Tickle in detail lines with the No 2 brush and it's all done

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

Absolutely stunning Seymouraves, great to see it emerge through the different stages.  Thank You for sharing with us.  

EJ's NEST STATS          EJ's PHOTO THREAD    

• In reply to MaryGK:

Fascinating insight in how you went about it. The finished article is terrific.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

What a lovely step by step process to get to the beautiful painting at the end. Thanks

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.