What's Behind the Heron?

I'm sure you've asked yourself many, many times....what's behind the Heron? I know it keeps me awake at night.!! 

Every time I look out of the window there seems to be a Heron flying past whatever it is I'm trying to look at.!!

Perhaps to pass the time, you could maybe help me to get a decent nights sleep by working out just what it is that's behind the Heron.

Remember though, it's just for fun. :-)

Slightly less challenging views HERE if it looks a bit too much. :-)

Good luck. :-)

• Thanks also for having a go, Tony.
    Not easy I’m sure. It’s always hard to gauge the difficulty when I already know the answers.
    Correct: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7(m), 9, 10
    Wrong: 3, 4 (very close), 8, 11, 12, 13
    I’ll let it go a bit yet in case anyone else feels like giving it a go.
    No pressure on anyone, it really is just for fun, and a bit of a diversion.
  • Thank you Paul for doing it. I'll bet Photoshop was red hot after all that all that manipulation.
    I'll have another look at the ones I got wrong but I'm not optimistic I can improve on the answers.
    C'mon other folks, give it a go, you've nothing to lose but your pride.
  • I've updated some of my answers in red on the spreadsheet. How am I doing? Still stuck for alternative guesses for two though
  • Tried to amend a couple but I'm hopeless with the rest !
  • How did the key handover go, Hazel? Or should I say the hands-off exchange? LOL

• Unknown said:

How did the key handover go, Hazel? Or should I say the hands-off exchange? LOL

LOL Tony,    now the proud owners of two little ducks (Number 22) at the Water Garden.      All went well but strangely  lol     keys left on kitchen counter five mins before the agreed time so we could all avoid one another !       It has been a beautiful sunny day and the apartment looked nice and bright with magnificent south facing balcony.    Still a lot of work to organise things and I think deliveries are stopping from Friday so we asked the furniture store if it was possible to drop off two leather recliner chairs in advance of the rest of our order and they were amazing turning up from Oldham just two hours later  !     Everyone has been really obliging.     We are taking one day at a time but still have 5 weeks left in the rental so we have time to sort out the new place, assuming we can get it done.      I'll stick a couple of pics up on the odds and sods thread later or in a Tea-room post.     

well done with the quiz,   it's certainly a challenge  lol 

• Many thanks to Hazel, Tony, and with a late entry from Robbo, for giving it a bash.

No full disclosure yet, but with my camera having continuous shooting, I've added some shots taken just before (or after) the original ones.
    If there's anyone else out there with the urge to have a guess at them, there's still time before the answers are revealed. :-)

4. Bit of a trick question with 2 birds in this one....oops.!! ;-)

12. Bit of a sneaky one this..... oops again.!! ;-)

13. I think there may be one or two here on the forum who will rcognise this one.

• Many thanks Paul, the extra pics helped a lot although one or two may still be wrong lol Really enjoyed your quiz so thank you very much for such a massive effort to provide a good challenge and distraction from current events.
  • Well done, Hazel. 13 out of 14 so far. Full details later on the one you're not sure of. ;-)

Unknown said:
    thank you very much for such a massive effort

No great effort. Stuck at home like most folks. Fence and shed have been painted, Holly bush has been severely scalped. Onions & Potatoes have been planted (Carrots in another few weeks). Cabbage seeds for Butterflies have been planted in a tray in the Greenhouse. Lawn has been scarified and also had first cut to neaten it up a bit,

Also the farmer has 'treated' the fields behind the garden, so some of the dung salvaged from around fence has found its way onto Mrs A's Roses. :-)

Loft also needs a clean out and some DIY planned for stairs, hallway and top landing.

The sooner this is all over, and it will be eventually if everyone does their part in helping, the better.

• Hi Paul,

I’ll have a go now you’ve brought it down to my level - was going skelly over the first version though did get some.

NoAnotherHeron

Cheers

Michael S