Cryptic clues for boring days with Brian ! Answers posted

• In reply to turboman:

lol Terry  !    

let me know folks when you are ready for either more clues or answers.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    It's funny how one can struggle with the blindingly obvious.

Or are obviously blindly struggling.!!  :-)

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul A:

What sort of animal or vegetable is no 2 as I'm really stuck on it! Just about given up on 12!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    You have to be an accountant to know about this

or just wise :)

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

I didn't get it but Ron knew it straight away, he had read something about it when he was on one of those SAGA type holidays (send a granny abroad) LOL

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

I'm still stuck on 2 & 12, I tried Dogfish for 2 but wrong again!! LOL

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Just found this Quiz just now - will print it off and see how I get on!

see my photos on Flickr  http://www.flickr.com/photos/maggyn/

• In reply to Maggy:

Margaret D said:

Just found this Quiz just now - will print it off and see how I get on!

I better hang on a bit longer before I put up the answers then   !!            Thanks to all for participating and I'll leave it a few days before divulging the answers .

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

Thanks Hazel.  Thanks to the clues (and a bit of googling - e.g. had never heard of no. 8) am up to 9 - stuck on 2, 9, 11 & 13.   No. 5 was one I found straightforward - know more about accounts than I would like!

see my photos on Flickr  http://www.flickr.com/photos/maggyn/

• In reply to Maggy:

OK, time for the answers !    Thanks to all who participated and for your efforts.

1)            Don't stamp on this insect as it has heraldic protection                     Shield Bug

2)            You'll howl with pain if this stings you                                                    Beewolf

3)            What the Inland Revenue like to do  !                                                     Taxus

4)            small juicy fruit feeling the cold                                                                Blueberry

5)            Software to keep account ?                                                                      Sage

6)            Is Tom at our house ?                                                                                 Tomato

7)            Capuchin confusion and conundrum                                          Monkey puzzle

8)            Staffordshire town                                                                            Leek

9)            Beware, this bitter fruit has a sharp bite to it  (pelagic)       Lemon Shark      

10)         Long to see this tree north of the border                                 Scots Pine           

11)         Warning from vehicle,  shows headlight is on                          Hornbeam

12)         Universal perennial                                                                        Cosmos

13)         Three-legged amphibian ?                                                             Toadstool

Regards, Hazel