Answers to cryptic Quiz !

• In reply to HAZY:

Many thanks Hazel - was great fun!  I eventually got 13.5 (the 0.5 was 5 - got the Crested bit but not the 2nd word).   Should have got 1 & 7; still can't work out 10 & 13; and no way I would have got the foreign ones!

see my photos on Flickr  http://www.flickr.com/photos/maggyn/

• In reply to Maggy:

Hi Hazel, I never really got time to do this due to commitments. A really good quiz, making the old grey matter work! If there is another occasion I will get suck in and see what happens.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Maggy:

Thanks Maggy,  the crested part was harder than the 2nd word Lark  so well done    lol    

Margaret D said:
    still can't work out 10 & 13

No.10  Blackcap clue comes from the time when capital punishment was part of judicial sentencing until it was totally abolished in 1998 although the last death sentence was carried out in 1964.   Whilst handing out the death sentence the Judge would wear a black cap,   hence the clue which in this case refers to the bird !    

No. 13,   I thought Starling was too easy a clue so, as I'd lived in Africa and they had Superb Starlings there, I chose to add this particular bird to the clue.

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• In reply to HAZY:

Sorry you didn't get chance to do the quiz Catlady, maybe I'll think of some more clues for the future !!  

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• In reply to HAZY:

Hi Hazel, thanks for the explanations re 10 and 13 - didn't know that re the blackcaps; had to google "Clarice Starling" - (I've never watched Silence of the Lambs) - had thought it must be something to do with Clarice Cliff!! (which got me nowhere).   Well done Hazel - the quiz was very good - thanks for all your time doing it :)

see my photos on Flickr  http://www.flickr.com/photos/maggyn/