Answers to cryptic Quiz !

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    Yay, got the last one No 11. How could I have been so thick as to not suss that one. LOL

That's the skill of the clue writer T.J. just hard enough to keep us going, I've still not got N°13 (among others) !

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

No 13 is a tricky one. I got part of it right after a bit of research  but Hazel had to prompt me for the rest . I'll leave Hazel to give you a clue.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

I think I've got 10 so far (1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 13, 18, 20, 21) and I'm halfway to No's 5 & 7. I got half of No13 quite easily but only got the other half after a bit of prompting from the evil quizmaster so I can only really claim ½ point for this one. :-)

I’ve submitted long shots for numbers 3 & 14 but I’m afraid if they’re wrong she may send out some of her Grey Horde to hunt me down.!!

Not really tried the anagrams yet, they scare me a bit.!  :-)

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul A:

Looks like you are all doing brilliantly;  will catch up properly once I've taken my walking boots off lol   just got back from a visit to Woolston Eyes (not much to see today)  so give me an hour to freshen up, have a bite to eat and I'll respond shortly.

ps.  Hat's off to Tony - you got the lot  ! 

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

I copied and pasted the list into a note book. Been working full time just now and absoutley done in. Will sit down and try my hand over the weekend. Thanks

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

I think I need the weekend to get the rest!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Congratulations, Tony, very well done. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul A:

Thanks for doing this quiz, Hazel. It must have taken a lot of effort to devise the clues. It gave what few grey cells I have left a good workout and I spent more time thinking about it than I should have done. Knowing the words/letters numbers (as per a crossword) was a great help.

Years ago I used to do the Daily Telegraph cryptic crossword with my late uncle who was very good at it so I learnt a bit about the devious ways the compilers think.

Good luck to everyone having a go.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

My pleasure Tony but it's only successful when good and willing folk like yourself participate in the fun so my grateful thanks to you all that gave and are still giving it a go.  I wasn't sure how hard/easy it would be hence I left out the number of letters required, however, in hindsight I should have at least given some additional info.     I guess having met me you know how my brain (or lack of it ) works   !!    I used to attempt the Telegraph crossword years ago and it's the sort of thing you have to get into the swing of and it takes a few puzzles to get the hang of the writer's clues lol   The weekend puzzles were even harder so I used to let Mike start them ;)  

I'll give folk till tomorrow to complete the clues and then I'll list the answers.  

What puzzle/quiz can we conjure up next  lol  ??  

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

I haven't been on the RSPB forum recently, so only found this quiz at about 4.30 am this morning. Having read through the replies (but not the links) after working out my answers, it sounds like I had it easier because the number of letters for each answer has been added.

In case anyone is still trying, I didn't want to post my answers openly, but (if I've got them right) they look like this if you convert the font to 'Wingdings' in Microsoft word!