Jumbled up Jigsaw's #3

• In reply to Paul A:

We have 1 or 2 pubs in the Dales that have sessions some weekends but it is a bit of a drive back unless you want to camp,more a summer occupation

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Seaman:

Well well the hidden talents are coming out in the boys now!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

Lynn L said:

Maybe that is a rash statement without an audition !!

By the way Paul that little Taylor looks interesting if space is short I sometimes take a 3/4 sized flamenco guitar I brought back from a birding trip to Spain,smashing tone and a lot of volume,handy for crowded Dales pubs.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Catlady:

The Taylor is a great wee guitar, I fell in love with it I soon as I picked it up. The tone and volume always surprise folks when they hear it, and as I've already said, it's a delight to play.

Lynn L said:

Perhaps 'talent' is a rather strong term Catlady; you haven't yet heard me singing 'Ye canny shove yer granny aff the bus'.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul A:

Paul A said:
    Perhaps 'talent' is a rather strong term Catlady; you haven't yet heard me singing 'Ye canny shove yer granny aff the bus'.!! :-)

Limpy and I are very talented.  If either of us started singing we could clear almost any building in minutes.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

When I was first learning to play guitar some friends and I formed a band. We managed to get a rehearsal room in the form of an old hayloft at a local farm. At one of our first rehearsals, the farmer came in with his wife and kids and said, "ok lads, lets hear what you've got". We launched into our first number and within 20 seconds or so the farmer and his family just turned around and walked straight back out without saying another word.!! We still laugh about this yet.  I prefer to think that we were perhaps ahead of our time in our musical style.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul A:

That's what used to happen to Alice Cooper and his band when they started out - their live act was apparently so extreme most people couldn't handle them!  Ironically this effect led to their first record deal.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Great stuff Paul, fancy you being in a band!! Do you play the bagpipes ? Many many years ago I used to work with a Scots lad in Somerset (called Paul too) & we went to a New Years party in his rented house in a small village. I can't remember how it started but it all ended with him walking up the main street playing the bagpipes. It was amazingly loud but quite breathtaking!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

I don’t play the pipes Hazel, but I do have a close friend who is a very good piper (just don’t tell him I said that) :-) As you’ve said, the pipes are really loud, especially indoors. A number of years ago I had somewhat overindulged in the ‘wee haufs’ on Hogmanay, and the next day as I lay in my chair like a burst ball, the door crashed open and my friend came in with the pipes blazing. Seeing my dreadful condition and colouring, he proceeded to stand right in front of me and played for around 10 minutes without a break. Upon finishing he just smiled and said “I’ll take that as a no then?” and at that, he about-turned and left the house.!! Who needs enemies when you have friends like that? We’re off to a wee Hogmanay party tonight, another friend from just up the street. When I asked him what time the party was at he told me ‘fae hauf seeven tae it feenishes’. Oh dear.!! It looks like guitar may be out as some point tonight. You can’t have a Hogmanay party without singing and dancing though, that just wouldn’t be right.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul A:

With behavior like that Paul he deserves to be an EX-friend, Afraid we have got past late night parties but no doubt a couple of drams( well diluted) will pass my lips no matter what it says on the medication.

Pete