Jumbled up Jigsaw's #3

• In reply to turboman:

Ooohh, some fantastic answers here, but sadly not the correct ones. It seems to me that the answer is almost staring you in the face, all it needs is a little more thought to bring this to a happy ending.

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul A:

I'm back home now so can view it on a large screen rather than my 7" tablet. From what I can see of it, the head looks ploverish. Is this a clue?

Paul A said:
    It seems to me that the answer is almost staring you in the face

Could it be a Little Ringed Plover? That's got a prominent eye ring to stare you in the face with.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Welcome home TJ, hope you have cracked it ... might even get some dinner today! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Ta Wendy. Most of the other plovers had been eliminated so it just might be. Couldn't make head or tail of the other clues if there were any.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• We have a winner folks, very well done to TJ, the bird is indeed a Little Ringed Plover. I had no doubts that between all of you, you would get there in the end.!!

When Hazy said the head looked like a Lapwing and Pete said Ringed Plover, I thought it was all over, we were definitely on the road to a Plover of some type or other. Between all of you, the answer was found. (Even an incorrect answer eliminates something or other, and brings us one step closer to the actual answer).

I do realise that the Jigsaw wasn’t giving you much to go on so I had tried to insert some cunning clues into the puzzle as well, such as;

Paul A said:
    No clues this time, not even a small one.!!

a 'small' one also being a 'Little' one.

Paul A said:
    You may have to phone a friend for help this time.

a telephone 'rings' when called (ringed plover?) (I know, a little too deep as a clue perhaps, but it seemed perfectly plausible at the time. Sorry).!!

and finally;

Paul A said:
    I'm keeping a watchful eye on some of you

As TJ rightly worked out in a later but similar clue, the 'eye' reference was intended to ba a pointer towards the distinct yellow eye ring of the Little Ringed Plover. (I know, another vague clue but is was all I could think of at the time) :-)

With your help I've managed to complete the JIgsaw and have attached the finished article for all to see.

Again, very well done to all of you, and many thanks for joining in and having a bit of fun in solving the puzzle.

A shot of another Little Ringed Plover for a slightly better view . If you haven't seen one before they are cracking wee birds, not much bigger than a House Sparrow.

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul A:

Well I came in late on this & started at the beginning & have to admit I thought Golden plover, although it's legs looked a bit short. Thanks for a great brain-teaser Paul!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Phew!!  Well done TJ & thanks PA for giving me something other than domestics to keep me occupied!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Good stuff, Paul. Puzzles like this like this help us to our keep our brains active over the excesses of Christmas. Very clever and creative of you to think them up.

Lovely photo of the LRP.

Is this an app you've got to create jigsaws from photos?

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Thanks folks, I'm glad you enjoyed it (I'm also glad I knew the answer to begin with, I suspect I may never have worked it out).!!

TJ: I used Photoshop to create the images, a similar technique to the one shown HERE. (it may be advisable to view this one with the volume turned down).!!

It can also be achieved in Photoshop Elements by following the technique used HERE.

I'm back to work tomorrow so no more Jigsaw's for the time being. I do have another wee quiz up my sleeve though, If I get time I may post it later this evening. Thanks again to all who joined in and tried this, as always, it's just for fun.

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul A:

Oooh, here's little ol' me thinking they were actually real puzzles!!  Silly old fashioned body that I am!! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr