A few from the other day

Redpoll

Having a good scratch half way out of the gateway

You know that bit that you can never reach!!    We closed the gate when he moved back a little.

A grey highland, never seen one this colour before.

Stonechat, yes I know it is small, just a little way away!!

Common lizard basking in the sun

Lovely little creature

Today we have snow again on the mountains, lovely in the sun but the wind is freezing

Brrrr at least it has stayed dry even though not feeling like May.  

Will put up a few more later

Gaynor

Lot to learn

• Few more additions, and it was yesterday that I spotted this young Robin back again, this time it stayed a while longer

I liked it's expression whilst it watched the spadgers

It was quite happy with the other birds and finding food for itself, Titch came today and didn't carry any food away, I wonder if he is now looking for his mate again, second brood maybe?

Had to insert this little female chaffie perched on the Iris

Also this ........well I don't know what it is !!!!!!!

Bye fo now

Gaynor

Lot to learn

• Lovely additions, Gaynor. Nice to see the young Robin and the female on the Iris is a great picture, but I think maybe a female Spadger rather than Chaffie.

Nige   Flickr

• You could be right Nigel!!!! there had been a Chaffie there before and trust me to click the shutter and not check afterwards:-)

Lot to learn

• Brilliant to see your lovely photos of garden bird activity Gaynor and whatever the last bird is it has just had a bath and is all soggy - maybe it is a spadger although I don't see them very often where I am so not sure lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Hazy, yes it' s more than likely a spadger, but needs a new stylist!!!!!

Lot to learn