Deer (muntjac??) in back garden last few nights- advice needed please!

Hi- I wonder if anyone can help… I live in Birmingham and quite close to an area known to have a population of muntjac deer (which I’m assuming is the type of deer in my garden) 

The last few nights I’ve spotted the deer running about my back garden, and managed to identify 2 small access holes (one in each neighbours fence either side) 

Is there anything I need to do/ someone I need to tell etc. - I’m worried I should be doing something to ensure it’s happy and healthy- it’s not a problem to me at all- I just would feel better if I knew what to do! 

thank you in advance

JJ

• I know ideally wild animals should be living in their habitats, but all too often, their habitats are getting destroyed, so to survive, they are becoming more and more prolific in the urban environment.

It is very likely they are as you identified, muntjac deer, and just as with any wild animal, or bird even, they will come in to a garden to search for food, and visiting wild animals is becoming very much a normal thing, particularly as food scraps will be plentiful along with the fact that a lot of wildlife is having its habitats removed for house, road and even (I note you're from Birmingham) HS2 construction.

As for what to do, what do you want to do, are you happy for them to visit, or are they a nuisance?

If they're a nuisance, then you can start by blocking those points you think are their access to your garden, if you're happy for them to visit, then let them visit and just make sure the garden is safe, no sharp objects, nothing to fall, just as you would for a child.

So it really is what do you want.