My Blue Tits have disappeared!

Hello,

we have had the most lovely blue tit nest in our garden for the first time this year and over the past few weeks have watched in awe how the parents have been franticly feeding the chicks what seems like thousands of caterpillars per day to endless excited chirping from the nest.

We bravely left them and went away for 2 days and have come back and to our dismay there is no activity in the nest at all. They have all gone or worse still something peril has become then.  We are so worried!

is it normal that they will all leave once the fledgling chicks can fly or shall we be out searching for them?

please help our family 

• Hi Duncan, from what you say it sounds to me that the chicks have fledged. If that is so, you should be seeing them in the trees or bushes near to where the nest was. They would be around f9r a wee while. The only other thing is, that if they were not ready to fledge, that predators have got to the nest or the parents were taken and the young left but I would guess that they have fledged. Don't be tempted to look in the nest, leave well alone.