• It unfortunately has been in the garage overnight and I’ve just found it now? I’ve caught it and put it outside near the garage, what do I do later if I can’t see the parents?
  • That's the best thing you can do for it Fiona by returning it outside...hopefully the parents are still looking for it as blackbird fledglings are unable to fly for 1st week or so , so you may still see it hopping around the ground for a few days but as I say the best place for it is outside...fingers crossed it makes it ;-)
  • Thankyou for your reply. I am so worried as it has now, or was, 24hrs without food. We do have a couple of blackbirds in the garden so hopefully he belongs to them. I do creep up to check every hour but he is just sat there bless him. We have a large garden and we do get cats wandering through, I just hope the blackbird I see is the parent.
  • Nature can be cruel sometimes Fiona but its usually always best to try and let nature be . Darn cats should be kept inside lol...house cats!!..I have notice they do not like water pistols!..tried and tested lol....Keep us updated if you can...Hope all is well in the morning ;-)