Robins nesting in my shed

Id like some advice on the fact that I have Robins nesting in my shed.When I looked last, about 2 weeks ago, the nest was complete. Since then they have BOTH been flying in and out. However, I have been reluctant to go to my shed in case I scare them away, but I need to get tools. How likely is it that I might make them dissapear?

• It appears Robins do like our sheds!!! However the chance of you going in and out without causing alarm and abandonment of the nest are very slim. Please if you can give them the best start in life and enjoy watching their wee ones fledge. Someone more knowledgeable than me maybe able to offer a rough time frame when it shall be safe to go back into your shed

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• In reply to Linda257:

Dear Linda, Thanks for the advice as I thought this woul;d be the case. However, I wont be able to see them without going in. Bought a camera the other day but after trying to get it to work, sent it back.
  • In reply to M Bond:

You will see them when the young pop out the nest as they will probably hang around the garden for a while if it feels safe for them to do so....yes I totally understand this can be a frustrating especially when we want to get things done in the garden and our lovely birds just wanna raise their young, at least you know The nest us there , others start trmming things back and reveal nest with eggs or even worse...chicks and then ask what to do!...The law is there for the birds protection.
    Do you know how they gain access to the shed?

• In reply to Linda257:

They got into the shed because i didnt fix a broken window. This is actually the second nest as the first one was abandoned as I didnt know it was there. Looking forward to seeing the little ones.
  • In reply to M Bond:

Fingers crossed this one is successful then...please keep us updated if you can regardless of the outcome ;-)

• In reply to Linda257:

I most certainly will.................Glaswegian?
  • In reply to M Bond:

About 20min drive outside Glasgow ..... ;-)

• Ive been to Scotland several times and loved it.
  • In reply to M Bond:

No doubt you will have passed my junction then...not too far from the famous Strathclyde Country Park in Motherwell......although I pretend to have my very own nature reserve in my back garden ;-)

You can have a wee snoop should you wish to in the link below ;-)

community.rspb.org.uk/.../in-my-garden-2022

• In reply to Linda257:

Oh you do know how to depress a guy........all this you see from your garden and we are getting excited about a couple of Robins nesting.

Im sure I would have passed your Junction. I have appeared in shows in Glasgow and Edinburgh and also, in my life in IT, worked as a consiltant the RBS group in both cities.