HS2 storys

Luckily I don’t have HS2 in my area but for anyone who does here I doubt they like the idea or even think it’s good for Wildlife I have found a map in case your interested and any discussions on the topic or any storys of HS2 where they are, are welcome 

https://www.hs2.org.uk/in-your-area/map/#6/52.0187/-2.1533/searchLat=51.935792&searchLng=-0.674525&searchRad=8046/filter=hs2-stations,hs2-network

. You can share any updated news you find aswell

• From the London - Birmingham perspective, everyone has succumbed to the fact HS2 and the associated developments, directly or indirectly are happening. In my whole life of 6 decades (plus a little bit more), I don't think I've ever seen the devouring of land for construction in all its guises so prolific as it has been the last six-seven years. More land has been consumed for development than at any other time.

However, for those on the Birmingham northwards section, Phases 2a & 2b, the battles are commencing.

For Phase 1, the stories are too numerous to mention though probably the most notable are the "Chilterns HS2 Aquifer" concerns. If any one wants to have a look, then either click on or 'copy and paste"Chilterns HS2 Aquifer" into your browser, there is plenty to read through.

There is an active collective group called STOPHS2, who are very active on social media, and the previous chairperson, Joe Rukin, has attended court many times as a result of case brought against him by HS2 Ltd.

With the concentration now on Phase 2a & 2b, he has stepped down and I understand his replacement is possibly better placed to continue their actions.

STOP HS2 have a Wordpress blog, which is now concentrating on the Phases 2a & 2b, on the following link.

https://stophs2.org/

• Even though  this didnt happen this year I found a video of the destruction of HS2 on Graham’s ditch along with some photos 

of Before and after HS2 in the Chilterns AONB 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0y5u3jM8t_c&feature=emb_logo

• Also I found some more news on the Chilterns Aquifer Aswell. It came out this month. 

chilternsociety.org.uk/.../

• I did sometime back try to get some photos of the local HS2 workings, and some from just outside Kenilworth, only to be threatened, yes, threatened by six orange suited gorillas vs me!

• That doesn’t sound good. Maybe the Orange suited gorillas were defensive about you  takeing pictures cause they didn’t know why you were takeing pictures. Either way I don’t think they should of threatened you for trying to get some photos of there workings

• Zo Clark said:

That doesn’t sound good. Maybe the Orange suited gorillas were defensive about you  takeing pictures cause they didn’t know why you were takeing pictures. Either way I don’t think they should of threatened you for trying to get some photos of there workings

They were most definitely defensive.

They are one of many contracted security teams employed to safeguard the equipment and to ensure no one get to infiltrate the site(s) to slow or stop the progress, and close to an area where protesters had been quite active until a few months ago.

The fact I was on a public footpath didn't come in to it, that are known for their following and approaching any one walking along the path and complaints seem to fall on deaf ears.....

Not even the press seem interested!

•    I live near Rickmansworth. The HS2 devastation to open countryside is hard to look at. Here is the link for Google maps aerial view. Street view has not been updated so you can see how it used to look from Chalfont Lane:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6047321,-0.5119143,2486m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Thats strange. Maybe it’s cause they were defensive that they saw you and didn’t notice weather you were on a public footpath or not or just didn’t bring it up
  • It is hard for a lot of folk to appreciate the desecration of the countryside, because its not in their back gardens. Google Earth is a good view of the widespread desecration and havoc on the countryside.

Spaghetti Junction, the major interchange section for the M6 into B'ham opened 50 years ago, and a neighbour, now retired civil engineer, shown me some photos of the construction of the M6 outside of B'ham.

I was aghast at how little wider the construction site was back then for a six lane motorway, and there wasn't the mechanical technology back then that there is today, and a six lane motorway is far wider than the 12 mtrs or so of railway line for HS2, whereas HS2 seems to command a much wider construction area!

That's progress, or is it......

What I am fearful of is the satellite construction sites, with their access roads etc, will be deemed brown field and end up becoming housing estates, to satisfy the government's housing plans....