Invertebrates in the garden this afternoon

I havnt had a good few days  recently . And birdwatching wise havnt been able to get out and about. I havnt bren out much this week due to something personal going on 

I been mainly in the Garden. If any of my messages ever sound repeatative sometimes or if I don’t pick up on some social cues very well I apologise. Im on the autistic spectrum. So can happen. it’s not something I do on purpose. Im makeing lots of mistakes. 
apart from that I did manage to go out in the garden. 
And it was very sunny I even had a hoverfly Hover abouve my head. I would of sent this on insect 2022 but I don’t think it’s a good idea  I don’t know if animation  is defiantly ok too or if it’s just photos  so have just made a post for now. 
I hope you enjoy the photos I took. 

• Thanks. Its interesting to note wev just had a drastic change in the weather. Nature has started trying to cooll itself down with bouts of drizzle most of the day yesterday and today but this evening it’s raining really hard. and even though it’s hit and miss we are haveing Thunder over here. There was abit of lightening aswell. Cause I have hypersensitive hearing I have ear defenders, they don’t make music. They block out loud noises but  it doesn’t get rid of the noise entirely. But rather reduce the noise. A special school for people witty Autism I used to go to allways had some in the room in case it got too noisy for us.  I managed to get my own for when I’m not at school when I was younger. But when the thunder came luckily I managed put them on in time. Here’s a recording. This was the loudest thunder wev had so far however I dont know if my phone picked up on it well or not. 

Thunder

2654.1004.Thunder.m4a

Theres no birds around so I’m guessing there trying to keep out of the rainy and stormy weather I havnt seen much of them since the weather changed. The rain has cooled things down abit the air is still warm though but hopefully the proper rain will do it but I will take your advise 

• There are some silent fans that can be purchased, and at competitive prices as well.

I have one in the bedroom, my wife cannot abide noise while she sleeps and the one we have does the job perfectly.

The only annoying noise is the beep each time its switched on/off or the fan speed is changed, but the lower two fan speeds of five, and nice and quiet

• Thanks. alot of fans tend to be noisy so there usually too loud for me and it can be quiet difficult to find quiet ones . I didn’t know there was silent ones though. I can’t believe how quick the weather changed. Last week there was temperatures of 30 and over. Not 40 though luckily however I dont know if it did in other places it might of bee-n Bee 
    Close though. And drought in some places.

Then as soon as Monday hit I literally woke up in the morning to a sky in a white blanket with drizzle and potential for hit and miss Thunderstorms. Which has hit us now. It’s gone from one exstreme to another. I havnt seen much insects during the heatwave this month but I did last month. Iv seen less than normal but higher bird activity than normal. Of course now the weathers changed bird activity is low. There’s literally none out my window at all. I havnt seen any snails in the garden at all during the heatwave last month before I went on holiday and after I came back. Theres usually lots of them And I havnt seen any during the heatwave this month either. . but now the weathers changed I might do. I don’t know if the rain will be enough to cooll things right down or not but I’m hopeing it does

• If you type something like "silent desk fans uk" into Google, that will bring up quite an extensive list of fans available. Make sure you include UK, or you could end up with a vast array of desk fans available in American or other country's not the UK. 

Because everyone will have their own interpretation of what is an acceptable silent desk fan, and taking into account autism, then you will need to shop around for the most suitable. Not many shops will have a wide enough range of desk fans, there are too many for any retailer to stock, so it might be an online job via one of the big online organisations. The problem then is if it's not what you need, you will need to return the fan.

I stumbled across the one we have by chance at a trade warehouse I have access to, which currently have no stock, and unlikely to until next year.

• I don’t use google cause of privacy issues and other things. I use Duck Duck go

Here’s some interesting information 

https://duckduckgo.com/privacy

But I will use Duck Duck go and see what I can find. Thanks for the advise 

There’s was a grass fire in Gloucestershire but luckily it wasn’t near me in Gloucestershire. with the heatwave did it reach 40 In Birmingham again or was it lower this time? 

• I can't comment on Birmingham itself, though I do know it experiences higher temperatures than where I live, which is just to the east (and getting closer by the day to Birmingham).

The big problem with the higher temperatures experienced in towns and cities is the mass of concrete, bricks and tarmac, which all harvest and store the heat to radiate back once the would temperatures start to lower. Just like the old storage radiators, which as many from my generation will recall, using the old Economy 7 tariff to heat of breeze blocks during the night, and then release the heat during the day while the radiator is switched off.

A concept many folk cannot grasp, and one our politicians, the so called custodians of this country, choose to ignore and play on the global warming scenario as an excuse while these building projects are encouraged to take place.

So it wouldn't surprise me if Birmingham hit the 40's again.

• Yes I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s almost 35 or over then it can be hotter in London or Places like Birmingham and the record has already been broken so I wouldn’t be surprised if it did either. Iv noticed that it looks like Autumn at one of my nature reserves cause the trees are trying to retain water so are dropping them now so the trees could be bare earlyer than normal possibly in Autumn Fallen leaf you could say it’s like a fake Autumn.

and In Hucclecote the maples are dropping them aswell and even have a green pattern on it 

Away from Hucclecote where I am there’s a big tree in the garden and the leafs are dropping all over the floor where I am when I go in the garden aswell 

• Nature, left to its own devices, is very adept at survival when the going gets tough.

• It is but the reason trees are loseing there leafs early is cause they aren’t used to the kind of heat we had since we are away from the equator and are in a temperate Climate and not one like Spain or other hot country’s. The plants in the uk have adapted to a more in the middle temprature rather than a bakeing one as hot as the 2 heatwaves wev had. The reason we have a drought is cause there was no period between the heatwaves for the landscape and the Wildlife to recover. There was little to no rain in between the heatwaves and the 2 heatwaves happend one after another. One in July  then hit by another one in early August. the drought caused or made worse by the heatwave is what’s caused the trees to have to resort to looseing there leafs when it’s still Summer and not even Autumn yet.

this is from the Woodland Trust  it describes it better than I did 

Iv noticed that some BlackBerrys are already ripe in my local area and it’s cause of the heatwave  

• During the week of the heatwave after I went to edge I wasn’t able to go out and about as much as I had been cause  I couldn’t go out unless it was early in the morning cause of the heat and it was either a walk or just a drive.  unless I went to Hucclecote like I usually do once or twice a week. But last week after the heatwave I went to Saintbridge Balanceing pond twice, one cause I hadn’t been for a couple of months and then the second was the  day after cause I saw a Kingfisher on my first visit and wanted to try and get a proper photo.

There was a Kingfisher but Unfortunately my very first photo of a Kingfisher ended up blurry It called while it flew across the water but I recorded a few of the other birds that were there aswell…
    By in Wildlife > Photography
    1 reply

When I went the 2nd time I couldn’t see the Kingfisher but I saw something else thanks to a Wildlife photographer that visits there every day.  

But the day after I did a drawing of a cabbage white from a holiday photo.

but apart from that I have been missing lots of posts including yours cause Iv been so busy. Iv been sending my Wildlife recordings off to i record, Butterfly conservation Trust, the dragonfly and damselfy society and other recording schemes that add them to there database and the biodiversity recording scheme to go in the NBN atlas for research and conservation. That includes the photos from holiday aswell.  I also spent a few hours giveing a bird feeder a really good clean and sorting out my bird bath and sorting my plants out cause not all of them survived the heatwave so Forgot about the breeding bird survey that is still going on so Had an email from Gordon Kirk  about it