Invertebrates in the garden this afternoon

I havnt had a good few days  recently . And birdwatching wise havnt been able to get out and about. I havnt bren out much this week due to something personal going on 

I been mainly in the Garden. If any of my messages ever sound repeatative sometimes or if I don’t pick up on some social cues very well I apologise. Im on the autistic spectrum. So can happen. it’s not something I do on purpose. Im makeing lots of mistakes. 
apart from that I did manage to go out in the garden. 
And it was very sunny I even had a hoverfly Hover abouve my head. I would of sent this on insect 2022 but I don’t think it’s a good idea  I don’t know if animation  is defiantly ok too or if it’s just photos  so have just made a post for now. 
I hope you enjoy the photos I took. 

• I don’t know weather you managed to see this one or not cause it’s been pushed so far Down But would you like to see the frog that popped up in my pond recently?

community.rspb.org.uk/.../wildlife-in-the-pond
  • Im going to Pitville Park this afternoon. they have a fishing lake, and a Wild area aswell.
  • Zo Clark said:

Am I putting people off my posts abit? I’m just wondering cause when Iv been I been catching up with people’s posts my posts have been getting pushed down. Another reason they been pushed down is cause lots of people have been commenting on more popular posts and the more popular posts have been  shooting up very fast recently. So cause of that my posts have been geting pushed down very fast. Iv had to push my posts back up a couple of times cause of how fast there being pushed down. One of my posts yesterday got pushed down to page 2 which I had to push up this morning. Even if im busy I don’t mimd people commenting or acknowledgeing my posts But if I havnt replied for a long time it’s just cause i havnt seen it yet. I don’t want people to think I’m ignoring there posts cause I’m not ignoreing them and I will answer when I see them exspeacialy if they havnt been pushed too far down. Yesterday I got some really good close ups of a Bumblebee and it was my very first photo of a tree Bumblebee.

I don't think you are putting people off, I get a lot of posts not commented on and I know when looking through, there are a god many others in a similar scenario. When you look at how many views some posts get, and how many replies, or even likes that post can get, it can be very disproportionate.

Without getting too technical, I am aware that sometimes a post will get read by a person more than once, and I guess the software counter (when its working properly) will count that as a view rather than return view, which could place a very different perspective on ratios.

There is also the times when posts simply do not show in the index page. Recently I read a post from someone that had in the title Part 2, but no Part 1 was showing. I found Part 1 by going to that persons profile and searching their activity. There are those who when they post a Pt2, include the link to Pt1, and if any subsequent posts are added, then all previous ones will also have links included, which I think is good and  helpful.

Also, the forum is currently very active, which is nice to see and with quite a few new members who are interacting in a very positive way.

A lot of people lead busy lives and time becomes very precious, particularly if you've a family, and even those retired, some will often wonder how they managed to find time to go to work, I'm finding the same, but in a positive way, keeping active while also doing my bit around the home, and still being an active father, even though my son has long left home and self sufficient.

But I wouldn't have it any other way.

In answer to your initial question, I don't think you've anything to worry about.

You do a lot of research and share a lot of very interesting and informative facts.

• Zo Clark said:
    I don’t know weather you managed to see this one or not cause it’s been pushed so far Down But would you like to see the frog that popped up in my pond recently?

community.rspb.org.uk/.../wildlife-in-the-pond

I do like frogs, and I hadn't seen that post, but I have now.  Thumbsup

• I know. It was just that most of my posts were getting pushed down very very quickly before anyone could see them. And if I bumped them back up they would get pushed all the way back down again to where they were originally too quickly for people to keep up even I struggled to keep up. and whenever I bumped mine up someone else’s post would would come up that was very popular so mine then got overlooked in the jumble and get pushed all the way back down again which resulted in a lot of people only seeing or commenting on other posts instead. cause mine was harder to see. but I wasn’t sure if my comments were putting people off my posts. And I was haveing a bad day that day too. And lots of things were going wrong during my day that day so I thought it would be worth asking. Thanks for letting me know Im not putting people off.
  • do like frogs, and I hadn't seen that post, but I have now.  

thats good. Cause I used to have a Phobia even though I liked them I  avoided most Wildlife in the past.  I wouldn’t even go near them. My Autism gives me high levels of Anxiety makeing me more likely to have proper Phobias and had a phobia of all sorts of things which limited me to where I can go. I only overcame my fear from approximately 2015 or 2016 period but  it took a year or two to overcome It  entirely. But I decided To cause I wanted to go to more places and do more things. And Cause I avoided most of it and turned down opportunity’s to see things like Frogs, Butterflys and various others. I had never done things like crabing before. And I turned down lots of Wildlife opportunitys so havnt ever been able  to watch the Butterfly and Moth life cycle or watch the frog life cycle and have never had my own pond or Frogs before so it was really exiteing. I had help with makeing a pond in the garden  in 2020 

• Zo Clark said:

do like frogs, and I hadn't seen that post, but I have now.  

thats good. Cause I used to have a Phobia even though I liked them I  avoided most Wildlife in the past.  I wouldn’t even go near them. My Autism gives me high levels of Anxiety makeing me more likely to have proper Phobias and had a phobia of all sorts of things which limited me to where I can go. I only overcame my fear from approximately 2015 or 2016 period but  it took a year or two to overcome It  entirely. But I decided To cause I wanted to go to more places and do more things. And Cause I avoided most of it and turned down opportunity’s to see things like Frogs, Butterflys and various others. I had never done things like crabing before. And I turned down lots of Wildlife opportunitys so havnt ever been able  to watch the Butterfly and Moth life cycle or watch the frog life cycle and have never had my own pond or Frogs before so it was really exiteing. I had help with makeing a pond in the garden  in 2020 

That's good that you've overcome your phobia, in that you can be with frogs, even though you still may feel uncom, because nature is a fascinating thing, as you know only too well.

You probably know I have a small garden pond, with a fountain and integral filter to keep the water aerated and filter out the silt etc. The pond is around 1.5mtr L x 0.5mtr W and 0.5mtrs D, with a couple of goldfish in. I just love sitting by the pond chilling and watching the fish just go about their daily lives, especially when feeding on invertebrates in the pond.

• It is. Cause I had a phobia of many other things too. I also had a phobia of domestic animals ranging from Chickens, to livestock and many others and Exspeacially dogs and cats. Though I still have alot of Phobias I overcame both my domestic and wild animal phobias. I started with domestic animals and livestock first then that gave me the courage to try and overcome the Wildlife phobias after too. It didn’t happen over night and took a few years to overcome them entirely but it did work. In 2020 that was the very first time I got my own pond and I got to see Tadpoles. the frog showed up around May, June time I was uncomfortable at first even though I like them and I was exited but after watching and learning more about them I don’t get Uncomfortable around them anymore. Im still learning about the frog life Cycle by watching them though and how it works.

This year I didn’t think there was any frogs in the pond cause I couldn’t see any in April but now one has just turned up . I don’t know how many are in there but iv seen one so far. I had 3 in 2020. The frogs tend to come up most often when it’s warm and sunny and it was a warm and sunny day when I saw him this year. And it was this month I spotted him. Which is interestingly around the same time,

Fishes can be fun to watch. when I had some (until this month) They were very fun to watch eating the insects and things like that they had different personalitys even though they were both Shubunkin Goldfich. very occasionally if we get a heatwave I sometimes get a Damselfy visit the Garden if Im lucky. Do you get any frogs in yours too?

• Yes, frogs and fish will come to the surface for air on hot days. I guess it's like us stuck in a hot room on a hot sunny day, we open the doors and windows to allow the air to flow, when there is sufficient breeze to assist airflow, or get outside, particularly if there is a nice breeze, or those who have it, switch the air-conditioning on.

Days like that I'll turn the fountain flow up to help wit the aeration, then turn it back down once the heat has gone, or it churns up the silt and the filter required more frequent cleaning. With the cleaning of the filter, i then have to let the silt settle in the water for an hour or so, before switching the pump back on, or it will clog up very quickly.

Phobias are more commonplace than many folk would like to admit, and particularly with many urban folk, because many during childhood don't come across many things that are in the natural world. I'm so glad my son was brought up with animals around him, and I spent time getting him out and about.

• Hello guys. Im going to Western Supermare but I’m going to take some photos when I go