Invertebrates in the garden this afternoon

I havnt had a good few days  recently . And birdwatching wise havnt been able to get out and about. I havnt bren out much this week due to something personal going on 

I been mainly in the Garden. If any of my messages ever sound repeatative sometimes or if I don’t pick up on some social cues very well I apologise. Im on the autistic spectrum. So can happen. it’s not something I do on purpose. Im makeing lots of mistakes. 
apart from that I did manage to go out in the garden. 
And it was very sunny I even had a hoverfly Hover abouve my head. I would of sent this on insect 2022 but I don’t think it’s a good idea  I don’t know if animation  is defiantly ok too or if it’s just photos  so have just made a post for now. 
I hope you enjoy the photos I took. 

Parents
  • Pity Zo maybe another square will come up or maybe someone would share to get you used to things
  • Maybe. This week I’m haveing to stay very local. I went to the Stream yesterday which is a very wooded area. This morning I needed to get something from the shop with someone. I was hopeing to go out somewhere in the open this afternoon. but I can’t unfortunately . And it’ a day where I will only be able to go for a short ride in the car. If I want to enjoy the humid weather and the sun it’s the garden today. iv been mainly takeing pictures in there most of the week. And unfortunately I have managed to pull or twist a muscle in my back today makeing it hard to twist and turn when doing certain angles when takeing pictures. I dont know how I did it though. so I’m doing the best pictures in the garden I can Today. . Im haveing to take frequent breaks cause of it though. So might mainly be drawing the Wildlife I see in the garden today

• I'm sorry to read that you've pulled a muscle in your back, that will be painful, especially as your back takes a lot of the body's weight. I share your frustrations and hope you get back outside very soon.

• Thanks. Cause I been very local Iv been Garden, Stream round the corner, Highfield garden world or short drive this week. So it’s been mainly insects and invertrebetes. The upside Im getting to know the insects and invertrebetes very well the down side I’m missing open spaces like hills. One of my favourites is Selsley cause it’s wide and vast the only houses or buildings you see is across the horizon and even then it’s mainly Wales River Severn and the Forest of Dean. Staying local isn’t to do with with my back something else.  But still very frustrating nether the less. On the 15th I was going to just go for a short ride in the car but My luck dwindled and I didn’t go out at all that day. on the 15th when I did my back that was defiantly very frustrating there were some angles I had to take pictures in which I couldnt and some of the photos weren’t as good cause of that. And had to take frequent breaks. Luckily cause I rested my back by the evening my back started getting better so was able to take more pictures on the 16th im trying to remember I still need to be careful cause I don’t want to set it off but my back defantly added to the Frustration Iv been haveing this week so that was definitely a bad day . the good news is it’s better than it was I just have to be careful

• Thanks. Cause I been very local Iv been Garden, Stream round the corner, Highfield garden world or short drive this week. So it’s been mainly insects and invertrebetes. The upside Im getting to know the insects and invertrebetes very well the down side I’m missing open spaces like hills. One of my favourites is Selsley cause it’s wide and vast the only houses or buildings you see is across the horizon and even then it’s mainly Wales River Severn and the Forest of Dean. Staying local isn’t to do with with my back something else.  But still very frustrating nether the less. On the 15th I was going to just go for a short ride in the car but My luck dwindled and I didn’t go out at all that day. on the 15th when I did my back that was defiantly very frustrating there were some angles I had to take pictures in which I couldnt and some of the photos weren’t as good cause of that. And had to take frequent breaks. Luckily cause I rested my back by the evening my back started getting better so was able to take more pictures on the 16th im trying to remember I still need to be careful cause I don’t want to set it off but my back defantly added to the Frustration Iv been haveing this week so that was definitely a bad day . the good news is it’s better than it was I just have to be careful

Children
  • Zo Clark said:

Thanks. Cause I been very local Iv been Garden, Stream round the corner, Highfield garden world or short drive this week. So it’s been mainly insects and invertrebetes. The upside Im getting to know the insects and invertrebetes very well the down side I’m missing open spaces like hills. One of my favourites is Selsley cause it’s wide and vast the only houses or buildings you see is across the horizon and even then it’s mainly Wales River Severn and the Forest of Dean. Staying local isn’t to do with with my back something else.  But still very frustrating nether the less. On the 15th I was going to just go for a short ride in the car but My luck dwindled and I didn’t go out at all that day. on the 15th when I did my back that was defiantly very frustrating there were some angles I had to take pictures in which I couldnt and some of the photos weren’t as good cause of that. And had to take frequent breaks. Luckily cause I rested my back by the evening my back started getting better so was able to take more pictures on the 16th im trying to remember I still need to be careful cause I don’t want to set it off but my back defantly added to the Frustration Iv been haveing this week so that was definitely a bad day . the good news is it’s better than it was I just have to be careful

While it is always nice to get out and about, boy did I take many photos from my garden during the first lockdown, but it was good and while I didn't see much more than normal, I did get some good photos of robin courtship and the agility of many birds trying to access the feeders. So it could be worth spending some time in your garden, you could be in for quite a pleasant surprise what activity there is.

• I went to Highfield Garden world twice and the stream 2 or 3 times. A short ride in the car but not actually getting out was more often and most of the week was in the garden so I mainly been in the garden one of the knats I’ve taken are from Highfield garden world and the most recent is from the kitchen. Some of the insects and invertrebetes I took were from the stream but most of them were from the garden. I havnt really been getting out and about and the Cotswold hills have differant wildlife to what you see in the garden and one of them supports a rare Buttetfly and this is the right weather and time of year for Butterfly’s. Also in  warm weather if in open areas you get the sun full on with no obstruction Which is why I miss open spaces like Selsley common cause is very vast. That and there’s a sign that says 4 Buzzards nest in the woods there at the  common. And so people can see them.  Not only that you get Skylarks on Selsley Common in Spring and Summer which I want to get a picture of and film. While I know the insects and invertrebetes in the garden very well there was aIot of differant ones that turned up most of them were in or near the stones around my pond or near Some of the Ragwort I have in the garden or on some of the flowers near there. They were most active in the sun. Cause of the wall in the garden I don’t exspeariance the sun to the exstent I would in a open area the light changes from one spot to another. It’s on my Wildflower borders early in the morning when I have breackfast and on my pond later in the morning and stays on the pond most of the time. Due to factors like shadows from the tree and the wall block some of it out the sunniest areas are usually near or around the pond area. And the sun shineing on the insects makes the colourful ones show up well since it’s when the light hits them a certain way you see the iridescence. I had 2 Blue Tits one eat from my feeder and the other drink and wash there face in the bird bath the other had a go aswell. Apart from that I havnt had anything particularly interesting bird wise. The gulls have been very active and vocal flying over the garden landing on my chimney and 2 mates gulls doing a orchestra both looking up at the sky and calling together at the same time. Mimicking each other and sticking together aswell. The Woodpigeon has been eating and looking for nesting material but apart from that nothing really very surprising during the week I was mainly in the garden. Easter Sunday was a change cause I went to see Mum and the dogs for Easter Sunday. Before I went to her house I went to Highfield. Going to highfield wasn’t much of a change but was I was going to see was and to my surprise a Buzzard showed up I told Mum even though we are leaving I need to get a picture of it cause I been trying to get a proper photo and film of a Buzzard all month since they can be distant or silhouetted and this low one isn’t going to be at home then I went to Mums house and came back in the evening. Apart from Easter Sunday most of the week has been in the garden