Invertebrates in the garden this afternoon

I havnt had a good few days  recently . And birdwatching wise havnt been able to get out and about. I havnt bren out much this week due to something personal going on 

I been mainly in the Garden. If any of my messages ever sound repeatative sometimes or if I don’t pick up on some social cues very well I apologise. Im on the autistic spectrum. So can happen. it’s not something I do on purpose. Im makeing lots of mistakes. 
apart from that I did manage to go out in the garden. 
And it was very sunny I even had a hoverfly Hover abouve my head. I would of sent this on insect 2022 but I don’t think it’s a good idea  I don’t know if animation  is defiantly ok too or if it’s just photos  so have just made a post for now. 
I hope you enjoy the photos I took. 

• No apology required Zo. I think all too often people are pigeon holed, which to me is very wrong, and still Victorian, an era that may have brough the UK to a helm, but institutionalised many and still does.

As IAD says, it is always good to challenge, we still live on many dated ideals, and as time progresses, new things emerge.

As for repeating, I do that and so do a great many others, so don't worry, no one will pick you up for it, and in my book, you've nothing to worry about on the forum.

I hope things settle down for you, keep posting where you can, and keep those drawings coming. Thumbsup

• Zo, one or two of us on the forum sometimes have problems getting out birding, not for the same reason as you but we do understand how blooming frustrating it can be. I hope you can still get out and enjoy your birds when you can. Did you still meet up with the guy from the BTO ? if so how did your survey go ?
  • Unfortunately I got the dates mixed up and thought It was in mid to late April I thought I set a reminder on my Calander but that reminder I thought I set on my Calander was actually a differant thing it was similar but it wasn’t the breeding bird survey. The Breeding bird Survey was on the 3rd So I acidently missed it .
  • Pity Zo maybe another square will come up or maybe someone would share to get you used to things
  • Maybe. This week I’m haveing to stay very local. I went to the Stream yesterday which is a very wooded area. This morning I needed to get something from the shop with someone. I was hopeing to go out somewhere in the open this afternoon. but I can’t unfortunately . And it’ a day where I will only be able to go for a short ride in the car. If I want to enjoy the humid weather and the sun it’s the garden today. iv been mainly takeing pictures in there most of the week. And unfortunately I have managed to pull or twist a muscle in my back today makeing it hard to twist and turn when doing certain angles when takeing pictures. I dont know how I did it though. so I’m doing the best pictures in the garden I can Today. . Im haveing to take frequent breaks cause of it though. So might mainly be drawing the Wildlife I see in the garden today

• I'm sorry to read that you've pulled a muscle in your back, that will be painful, especially as your back takes a lot of the body's weight. I share your frustrations and hope you get back outside very soon.

• Thanks. Cause I been very local Iv been Garden, Stream round the corner, Highfield garden world or short drive this week. So it’s been mainly insects and invertrebetes. The upside Im getting to know the insects and invertrebetes very well the down side I’m missing open spaces like hills. One of my favourites is Selsley cause it’s wide and vast the only houses or buildings you see is across the horizon and even then it’s mainly Wales River Severn and the Forest of Dean. Staying local isn’t to do with with my back something else.  But still very frustrating nether the less. On the 15th I was going to just go for a short ride in the car but My luck dwindled and I didn’t go out at all that day. on the 15th when I did my back that was defiantly very frustrating there were some angles I had to take pictures in which I couldnt and some of the photos weren’t as good cause of that. And had to take frequent breaks. Luckily cause I rested my back by the evening my back started getting better so was able to take more pictures on the 16th im trying to remember I still need to be careful cause I don’t want to set it off but my back defantly added to the Frustration Iv been haveing this week so that was definitely a bad day . the good news is it’s better than it was I just have to be careful

• Zo Clark said:

Thanks. Cause I been very local Iv been Garden, Stream round the corner, Highfield garden world or short drive this week. So it’s been mainly insects and invertrebetes. The upside Im getting to know the insects and invertrebetes very well the down side I’m missing open spaces like hills. One of my favourites is Selsley cause it’s wide and vast the only houses or buildings you see is across the horizon and even then it’s mainly Wales River Severn and the Forest of Dean. Staying local isn’t to do with with my back something else.  But still very frustrating nether the less. On the 15th I was going to just go for a short ride in the car but My luck dwindled and I didn’t go out at all that day. on the 15th when I did my back that was defiantly very frustrating there were some angles I had to take pictures in which I couldnt and some of the photos weren’t as good cause of that. And had to take frequent breaks. Luckily cause I rested my back by the evening my back started getting better so was able to take more pictures on the 16th im trying to remember I still need to be careful cause I don’t want to set it off but my back defantly added to the Frustration Iv been haveing this week so that was definitely a bad day . the good news is it’s better than it was I just have to be careful

While it is always nice to get out and about, boy did I take many photos from my garden during the first lockdown, but it was good and while I didn't see much more than normal, I did get some good photos of robin courtship and the agility of many birds trying to access the feeders. So it could be worth spending some time in your garden, you could be in for quite a pleasant surprise what activity there is.