Membership Cards on letter

Hi Aĺl,

I had Just been signed up and received the package with the Membership cards on a letter!! Can they be removed or do just cut around them? Also can I add my Wife to the Membership and am I right in reading that this can be done for free?

Hope someone can help thanks.

Phil 

• You should be able to peel them off the letter. You should be able to add your wife to the membership free of charge as I'm pretty sure membership is based on two adults living at the same address. Give Membership Services a ring - they should be available from Tuesday next week.
  • Hi Phil, As Clare says, you will find you can just peel off the membership cards from the letter, no need for any cutting round them. When I signed up I had ours as an adult membership where I could add my husband as a 2nd member so we received two cards with same membership number but individual cards which I renew annually, Sounds as if you already have two cards from what you say above so if you want to add a third person I think you would need an additional membership or family membership which would allow 2 adults and up to 5 children, Three adult members would require 2 separate adult member applications I think but you could contact the rspb membership team to ask them via this email address ..........membership@rspb.org.uk. or telephone: 01767 693680
    Hope this helps and that you enjoy visiting the various rspb reserves around the UK.
  • When you sign up as a single member, you will get a second membership card with yours.

The extra card is to allow you to take a friend, family member or partner to any RSPB place.

That card is easily identifiable by looking on the lower left corner, it will have "One use only" and the expiry date (which coincides with your membership card which will  have your name on) just below.

The user of that card MUST be in your presence or they will not gain entry, so you can't just hand it to someone to go on their own. Its like signing in a visitor to a club (the older ones among us will know what I mean when it comes to the old CIU and working mens clubs, many all long gone today), they have to be with you on entry.

• Hi,
    Thanks so much for your replies and will contact RSPB just to be sure re: Membership!!
    Best wishes and a Happy New Year
    Phil