Has anyone seen Chinese Geese in West Cumbria?

I'm relatively new to Birding,but saw a goose in a reserve in Workington that did not meet the profile criteria of any goose in the RSPB handbook. I have had a look onlne and the birds I saw strongly resembled Chinese Geese. Are these common in the UK, like an invasive species? Or is this  a bird that is a rare spot? 

• They’re a domestic breed which escapes from time to time. They’ve been sighted around Esthwaite Water in the past, I understand. Not aware of any significant breeding population in the UK.
  • Tom, we have friends with a small holding in Cumbria and they have several various types of Chinese Geese wandering free range in the farm yard as do their neighbours. They were said to be kept, along with other similar types, as guards because they reacted very noisily to strange movements. They certainly do make quite a noise when disturbed.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Many thanks for the useful info. Everyone I have met in the Birding community is very nice and always willing to help, as it appears online too.
  • We try to please Tom, we try to please

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can