Posting a photo

Have worked it out Slight smile

• Hello Jean
    I am also new to RSPB Community.
    Glad to hear that you have found out how to link a photo - I found this difficult on my first posting too, and also had to get help to add an additional photo to the same posting later on.
    Look forward to seeing some of your photos soon.
    LJB
  • Hello both, I think Jean I've already replied to your other request, but fear not, nothing lost and also for LJB, hello and welcome to the forum

I hope the following helps:

First, you need to select "Use rich formatting" located at the bottom right of the textbox.

Using the tabs at the top

1. Select "Insert"
    2. Select "Insert image/video/file"
    3. Where it says "From" select the source, "Web (URL)/File upload/Community search"
    4. If you use "Web (URL)", then all you need to do is insert the link
    5. If you choose "File upload" then upload a file from your device or computer in the normal way by selecting the computer/device drive, folders and file.
      1. NOTE: If you are uploading a photo, you can change the image pixels at this point before the final upload.
    6. If you choose "Community search" using the search tool, search for the relevant posting.
    7. When you've made your selection, select "OK" to post/upload, or if you've selected the wrong file/link etc, then select "Cancel"
    8. To select the next file or link, start the above process again and for subsequent uploads.
  • Hi

Thought I had it solved but can't seem to do it. When I click Rich text there is no Insert tab on screen :(
  • The following image sequence might help you see where and what you need to click on, starting with the Insert tab located on the light grey bar about halfway down on the image

• If you are posting from a phone, Jean, not all the icons seem to appear. At least that's how it seems on my Samsung phone. If you've got a tablet or computer you should be able to do it.
  • Unknown said:
    If you are posting from a phone, Jean, not all the icons seem to appear. At least that's how it seems on my Samsung phone. If you've got a tablet or computer you should be able to do it.

Good point Tony, I don't use my smart phone for the forum or email, so would you be able to grab some screenshots and share them?

• I don't know how to take a screenshot on my phone
  • Unknown said:
    I don't know how to take a screenshot on my phone

For most Samsung smart phones, you press the Volume Down key plus the Power On/Off key simultaneously.

The image(s) are then saved in the Screenshot Folder on Samsung Gallery

• Thanks Mike. I think I managed to take a screenshot but I'm now in a Catch 22 situation because I can't post the image from my phone. LOL I think Jean is going to have to work it out for herself.
  • I see. Will try on my tablet later. Thanks