Crows

Hi,

I've put drawings of an eagle on the windows of my house to stop crows attacking the glass when they see their reflections.There is an occupied crows' nest near my house.

I would like to know roughly what months I should put the images up and take them down please.

Thanks,

James

• If they are attacking yheir own image I suppose this will be most active at the start of the mating/breeding season which you will have noticed from the active nest you can see. As they normally only have one brood a year it may be safe to remove the drawings when the young have fledged, did it work?
  • Hi Pete, there have been no attacks. When is the start of the mating/breeding season please? When do you think the brood would have fledged?
  • James as you say you hsve eyes on an occupied nest I would have thought you may be able to tell from the activity of the parent birds. If there is still young in the nest there should be lots of feeding activity, this will stop when the birds fledge. Most of our local Crows have fledged ages ago but yours may be late breeders, is there a rush to remove the drawings?

• There's no rush. It is difficult to see the nest now because the leaves cover it. I do see crows flying nearby the nest but I've not been watching all the time to see whether they attend the nest. I'll keep an eye out and make a decision. Thanks Pete.