Blue Tits video

I bought an RSPB bird box with camera many years ago and this year I finally had a pair of blue tits nest in it and typically ... the camera stopped working.  I managed to get and fit a replacement without disturbing the birds,  She laid 9 eggs but I think only 7 have hatched but it is fascinating watching them, so much so that I set up another external camera to film them entering and leaving the box.  Here is one of the videos that I put together

https://youtu.be/ucUaBUG06Kc

• Yes Catlady it has always amazed me just how readily they fly for the first time but when you watch their behaviour in the box, they are constantly stretching and fluttering their wings so instinct and desire is to fly but they all made for the same hawthorn hedge so 10-12 yards was enough for their first flights. We still have a box occupied by Great Tits and two boxes occupied by Tree Sparrows and also another 5 boxes I haven't checked on. I have been posting the short videos on our village Facebook page and it has been very popular with the added bonus that people are buying nest boxes.