Help regarding Blackbird nest

Hello All,  I recently removed a garden shed which has a hedge at the back that is technically in the neighbours garden.  Since removing we have now exposed a Blackbirds nest - and it is very exposed!  There are currently 3 eggs in the nest and we think that they will be due to hatch from next week.  My problem being that I have 2 spaniel type dogs, who so far have not shown interest or acknowledged the nest but I am near certain this will change once the eggs hatch.  Will the fledgings instinctively know to go to the garden that has more shrubbery/hedges and coverage than I have?  Or should I be looking at screening it off from my side to almost force them to go the other way?  We are also due to have another garden building built over the next 2 weeks and I am not sure if legally we can do this as they will be working very close to the nest area?  Any help or advise much appreciated!

• Unfortunate situation but you must not, by law, take any action that will interfere with nesting ... just keep watch for any fledglings in your garden, with any luck the parent birds will be foraging next door & encourage youngsters to follow! I think it advisable to put off your new garden build til after birds have fledged if possible!
  • Hi Wendy, Thank you - Will def be delaying the new build going up as it will be so close to the nesting site and I would not want any harm to come to the birds or babies. I really hope that the parents do encourage them to go into the neighbouring property as it is so much more secluded than mine with grass, and shrubbery where they can hide and feed. My 2 dogs have a high hunting instinct and i really worry that if they come onto my property they will try and get to the fledglings.
  • Great news about postponing the build ... as you can see into nest so clearly you should be able to judge when babies are about to fledge & maybe keep your dogs in at that time !  Hopefully they will not re-use this nest for another brood & your life can resume!