New to birding

Hello all.

I've finally decided to take the plunge and join the birding community. I've always been fascinated by birds and their behaviour. Not only that, but I need something to take my mind off things and I'm sure this wil help.

I'm off work at the moment and recovering from covid related heart failure. Fortunately it's almost fully recovered. 

I've bought myself a pair of Nikon prostaff 7s 8x42 binoculars (roof prism) a tripod adaptor and a new jacket (traveller 2 country innovation) a guide book to birds of the uk from the rspb and a journal to write my findings down.

I live close to Wandle Park in Croydon and have been told that there are a number of species in there to be seen including Moorhen, Lapwing, Grey Wagtails and Red wings.

I live 3 floors up in a flat and have a balcony. I want to do the event on the 29-31 January, but given the restrictions owing to covid and the fact that I'm shielding, I would have to do the event on my balcony which overlooks the A23 Purley Way.

Can anyone advide me if there are feeders that can be placed on my balcony to attract the birds so I can view them through my patio doors? 

any advice appreciated.

Thank.

Rich.