Red kites, ?

Hi new! Not member, In north part of South Downs, love watching the daily hunting by family of red kites, identified through calls, today I assume 2 families as 7 birds is is this a common occurrence? Peacefully floating together from the thermals

• Hello RedKites, welcome, I also am not familiar with your area, so not much help, that must be a something special to see. Have never seen them myself.
  • 3 are daily visitors, stunning to watch, so far unable to take a decent photo! Will upload if achieved without location details. The seven came together and formed a funnel like column rising with thermals for at least 10 minutes truly beautiful!
  • Definitively Red Kites as not far from the west Sussex border where numerous have been seen across the county. Finally got a close-up look at a Juvenile as it upsets a murder of crows which were chasing it over our garden approximately 15-20 meters above my head. Crows ceased chasing as soon as one of Parents unfurled its wings and took to the skies from a nearby trees
  • Today we watched as at least 11 Red Kites which flew various patterns in the sky for at least 2 hours, no hunting behaviour as in a kill to seen or heard during that time, just groups gliding and interacting including many on purpose close misses in half dive form then pulling up at once near miss completed. This repeated numerous times with the same pairs of birds. The larger adults and adolescents all present. Groups of 2-6 playing a follow the leader type game with fast changes in direction then glide. With at one point up to 6 kites resting in a nearby tree together watching the others play?