Slookey's second post.... ABORT! ABORT!!

Thanks for all the kind welcomes...  I know I need to find better subject names for my posts.... maybe I will just number them all... 

I thought I would share another favourite! I was a bit disappointed this wasn't a bit sharper... but it all happened a bit quickly once I spotted it!

(No birds were harmed in the shooting of this photograph!)

• You've got me scratching my head... :-) I thought the black on the beak went right up to the top of the bill on a Bewick, but not on a Whooper... Oh well... I'll get up closer next time :-D
  • Don't worry too much about the subject title, just enjoy sharing those fabulous photos and tales that accompany the photos.

It's been a few decades since I was last at Slimbridge, and possibly, when time allows, I'll make a trip there in the not too distant future, Covid19 permitting....

Incidentally, how is Slimbridge coping with Covid19 from a visitor perspective?

• Love your photo, Slookey, and we love Slimbridge as well. We have visited there off and on for over 30+ years and every year since 2001 except for this year, unfortunately. Hope the virus situation improves by next May or June which is when we normally have visited in recent years.
    As for the Swans, I've no idea but I seem to remember that on one of our last few visits it was mentioned to us that they did have a pair of a different type of Swan from their usual. Sorry I cannot remember more but I will ask Mr GB tomorrow as he is sensibly asleep now!
  • 2.16am! Are you having an early morning cuppa!!
  • Only a bit of a night owl, Catlady, and no responsibilities early in the morning! Or later, for that matter--free as a bird!

Edit--Shame about Covid, actually--haven't been anywhere since March!