Slookey's first post

Hi Everyone - thought I'd sign in for the first time today and say hello with a picture of a Red Kite taken in Salisbury this summer. He flew right overhead as I was out for a walk. I was lucky to catch this shot...

• Welcome to the Forum, Slookey, from the Surrey/Hants border. As you can see, yep, there actually are real people here and it helps to be a bit mad to join in. Luckily, there are also some very experienced folk who are able and willing to answer any questions (while the rest of us are busy learning!)
  • Welcome Slookey, good start with your nice photo, I have not been on here that long but was made to feel welcome from day one. They are a great bunch who are always there for you when you have a question and give you encouragement with the photos you post. I will look forward to seeing your photos that you post.
  • Hey Slookey, tantalisingly good 1st photo...long may they continue :o) (no pressure, we have a "bad photo's" thread for those that aren't so great... we're all on there somewhere lol) Welcome to the forum, from deepest, darkest wet n windy Dorset
  • slookey said:
    Thanks, Linda - I had to read that several times before I understood your accent... (bloody Southerner's!) ;-) Thankfully I had a head start as I used to work in South Queensferry! :-)

I have a few photos to share as and when I can drag them out! :-) This was a test to see if anyone was really here :-D

Thanks for the welcome!
    I'm looking forward to getting involved a bit more...

Welcome from someone who's a lot further south, near Birmingham for my sins, but prefers to be more north, (when the opportunities arise)

Its the broad Glaswegian accents that often catch me out....