Missing Robin

Hello,

New here, this is my first post so hope I'm doing everything correctly!

Like a lot people I have got really interest in watching the birds in my back garden this year and even when I had only a small feeder I had lots of birds visiting in the spring, Blue Tits, Goldfinches and even a Jay were regular visitors.  Obviously am not getting as many varieties of bird at the moment but up until recently I had a lovely young Robin visit, he was very bold and I was able at times to view him quite close up.  However I haven't seen him for weeks now and as I used to see him several times a day I am a bit concerned.  Is it likely bad news? We do have quite a few cats in the neighborhood!

Thanks

• When I first started seeing him a month or so ago you could hardly see any red at all but as time went on he looked a little bigger with a proper red breast. I haven't seen any other robins but back in earlier summer I did used to see a robin quite regularly in my front garden (the 'young ' robin only ever appeared in the back garden). Now I don't see any robins at all, although sometimes I think I can hear one.

Thanks
  • I have daily visits from a Robin here in E Kent after not seeing one for several weeks following a Kestrel strike which coincided with Robin/Sparrows/Starlings ground feeding ... can't tell you if same Robin!
  • Not sure if there were any around last year, to be honest this is the first year I have beer regularly feeding the birds and I think I'm still learning. The garden has been pretty quiet over the last few weeks except for a couple of days ago when what looked to be around 10 birds mainly Great Tits and Coal Tits carried out a quick 'raid' on the feeders and flew off again, wonderful to watch, just wish I caught them on camera!I

Thank you both, its great to get some input from more experienced bird watchers.
  • Welcome to the community Jolg, look forward to seeing any pics you manage to capture plus comments on what you see in your garden ... lots of folk on here always ready to help with queries!