Bird in my new bird box. - identify please

hello - this has surprised me because I wasn’t expecting a bird to visit until next year.  Please can you identify the bird for me and let me know if I should do anything. The bird is going out at about 7.20 am and returning at dusk.

Thank you

• Lovely Blue Tit which has chosen to roost in your new box hopefully over winter ... will not take any nesting materials in & will live quite happily amongst it's poos no matter how disgusting it looks to us! Lol If you're lucky it may decide to nest there next spring in which case it will clear out all the mess & bring in nesting materials but ... they are notoriously fickle & may either never start a nest or abandon one already started in favour of somewhere else!
    Good luck ... do let us know how things go ... you can keep adding updates to this thread!
  • Oh, thank you so much for the information - I was very pleasantly surprised to find it in the bird box. I can only hope it may nest in the Spring. I now have another video of it returning to the box at 17.20 - and it is a beautiful Blue Tit.
  • According to the camera it has been visiting every night since 2nd October - comes in at about 5.20 pm and leaves at about 7.20am. I would love to make the box more comfortable while he is out all day by adding some hay but will that frighten it off??
  • I think any interaction is highly likely to scare it off ... he could have quite easily brought in some bedding but it seems they prefer a bare box!