Stunned Bird Help

Hi,

Currently have a stunned bird (presumably a tit, not sure what kind) which has been sheltered and boxed since it happened at this morning.

I’ve checked on it throughout the morning but no progress, when removing lid, the bird attempts to fly, however keeps falling on its back.

No obvious signs of injury, wings appear intact and no obvious injury to legs.

Any ideas what I can do? I don’t entirely want to just leave it in my garden Unsheltered etc as there are cats nearby.

any help would be great!! Thanks

Cat

• Hello Cat,      If you have anything like hanging baskets or high up planters/troughs off ground level I would place the bird in one of those and place it behind a plant or foliage so it is suitably camouflaged;     hopefully if the bird is just temporarily stunned (as you can't see any direct injury to the bird)  it may just need more time in a quiet area to recover.   Most birds, if they are just stunned,  will fly off within an hour once they have recovered from the impact (presuming it was a window strike).     Keep your eye on it from a distance but place it back outside and if it is still there several hours later then you may need to seek wildlife help for it HERE  where it will give you options for garden birds:  adults or juvenile birds,  enter species, your location, etc, and then it should provide a list of rehab help in your area.    

• Thank you very much for the reply. Much appreciated.