Moving robins nest in planter

We have just discovered a nest of robin chicks in our strawberry planter. We see mum in the garden all the time. However the planter is on the ground and the nest is no more than a foot off the ground. I am worried the chicks will attract the attention of my dogs especially when they get a bit bigger. I wondered if there would be any harm in putting the whole planter on top of a chair or table so it stays in the same place, just higher up from the ground. I wouldnt have to touch the nest to do this. Thoughts? 

• Hello Victoria, it is natural for robins to nest lower down and closer to the ground and it would be illegal to move an active nest, even a couple of feet higher, despite you wanting to help protect them. If the chicks are hatched then it will take around two weeks for them to fledge and then two or three days more before they can fly after fledging, therefore the best answer to your question would to try keep the dogs out of that area for this relatively short period of time.