Urgent advice needed for blue tit brood

• Glad to hear the chicks are still getting fed, only time will tell how many nestlings fledge, dependent on how well the single parent blue tit can manage the food drops.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Update on day 14. 9 chicks all appearing to be keeping well. Dad's still working with feeds. Chicks bigger and aggressively take food.

Diet supplimented with live mealworms from feeders. 

• Great update Billy and the chicks have certainly grown so looks like the single parent is doing a good job. Another week or less to go and with the help of live mealworms it must be helping enormously. Well done.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• I have a family of blue tits ling in my wall on my house, a very young blue fell out the hold, we put it in a box close to mum and away from cats, the mum been feeding it all day, I was able to as nabour for ladders and put it back. The very next day it fell out again, the mum still feed the little one but i am un able to put it back. There is alot of cast around here I dont know what to do for the best, there no way I can leave it out out for a cat to eat it's as the mum still caring for it can you please help
  • Hi, I've just come across this amazing thread and am really interesting to follow it. Please update soon and regularly. Thanks

https://www.flickr.com/people/156359183@N07/ 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joanneshaw1967/

• I make today day 17, and it doesn't look like the chicks are very far from leaving the nest. The chicks from the great tit nest have all left, so it's just our blue tits that are nearly ready to go.

Dad has looked after these chicks on his own from day 6, so to us, he's a super hero. There looks to be 8 from the 9 chicks still going strong, so I'll need an early start tomorrow just in case.