Fledgling jackdaw with injured/broken beak

Just found a fledgling jackdaw on the ground going for an evening dog walk and the bird came up to me. I picked it up to move it out of the way of the dogs but saw that it had a swollen lower jaw/beak and it’s beak is lopsided. It seems lively enough but not sure what to do for the best. Local wildlife rescue centre aren’t taking any rescues in at the moment, which doesn’t seem right. Have put the bird in a box with water over night. Should I try and take it back to the wooded area it came from, or give it time for it to heal... can it’s beak heal?? 

Any advise would be appreciated! Thanks

• It might be a rook not a jackdaw
  • Hello, we have a jackdaw with a broken top beak coming to our garden for over a year now, it seems to manage really well and now and again I soak dog biscuits in hot water and it loves this soft diet. We've named it broken beak and the whole family keep an eye out for him, he's certainly won over our hearts.
  • Rstjen said:
    Hello, we have a jackdaw with a broken top beak coming to our garden for over a year now, it seems to manage really well and now and again I soak dog biscuits in hot water and it loves this soft diet. We've named it broken beak and the whole family keep an eye out for him, he's certainly won over our hearts.

Its amazing how nature manages when the chips are down, the art of survival and feeding takes no second place.