just saying hello

H i joined the rspb last september when i was down in norfolk for the weekend and visited Titchwell.  

I had no idea this was here until tonight,  as I was thinking how sad it is that no-one can get t the reserves now, but for all the right reasons though.

So its now binoculars in the garden

Jude

• Thank you Mike
    I have received so much Helpful information from everyone on the site
    It’s going to keep me quite occupied in these lockdown days - it looks as if there is lots to read about
  • Hello Jude, welcome from up in the very far north of Scotland, in Caithness. We are a fine bunch of folks, you will get help with any questions, so just ask away. You will find lots of lovely posts and photos on here, so when you are ready and find your way around here, you can share some photos if you have them, if not just chat away. Enjoy.

• Hello and yet again thank you I have had such a lovely welcome. I was wondering if there is an RSPB App that links all the chat, the blogs, the reserves etc etc or if it is all via the web.
    I have yet to have a good look around on the site. Looking forward to seeing the photographs, but my biggest problem is mostly trying to work out ‘Which bird made that song’ ?

Anyway I’m Jude and I currently live down in Yorkshire.
    I have never been to Caithness but hope to visit one day in the future, particularly the RNLI at Invergordon.
  • Hi Jude, and welcome from Sunny Rochdale :)
    Like everyone has said we are a friendly bunch on here and if you can't find anything you only need to ask we will gladly help you.
    If you want to hear  ‘Which bird made that song’ ? click on the link below find the bird click on that and you will find it has a sound clip on the same page so you can go through them all when you have time and I think we are all going to have a lot of time on our hands.
    LINK >>> Find a bird
    And Find a RSPB reserve
  • JudeS-1514874069 said:
    Thank you Mike
    I have received so much Helpful information from everyone on the site
    It’s going to keep me quite occupied in these lockdown days - it looks as if there is lots to read about

You're welcome.

• Hi Jim
    Thank you for the links I think i am going to be quite entertained looking through the Find a Bird for quite some time now.
    I've also taken a quick peak at your photographs .... stunning
    Birds are just so incredibly photogenic .... from any angle, in the sky, wherever, there is so much detail in something so tiny (in the case of the smaller birds. I mean) I always find their eyes spectacularly communicative.
    Thank you for sharing that link to your pictures

I don't know an awful lot about birds, but I love birds and that's what counts I think

Jude
  • Your welcome and thank you Jude, sadly they are old pictures those I post most of my new ones on my Fbook group now.