just saying hello

H i joined the rspb last september when i was down in norfolk for the weekend and visited Titchwell.  

I had no idea this was here until tonight,  as I was thinking how sad it is that no-one can get t the reserves now, but for all the right reasons though.

So its now binoculars in the garden

Jude

• Welcome Jude, I am sure you will be glad you stumbled upon the community as there is always plenty to see , learn and question. Feel free to pick up a camera instead of your binoculars and share what you see with us.

We are all a friendly bunch and mad about our wildlife.
  • hey thank you Linda
    I have yet to get my head around how this works :)
    Thats what I had hoped for ... people mad about wildlife
  • It is a bit complicated to find your way around but you will get the hang of it. I usually click on main website then community to see all and if you want to post a picture you need to click use rich formating...thats as much as I know really. Lots of very knowledgeable people on here to help though.
    Good luck and enjoy Jude
  • Ahh thank you for all of that Linda
    I will look around first and persevere
    Thank you
  • Welcome Jude, we are all friendly on the community, hope you enjoy yourself on here.

• Hello Jude and welcome to the community forum; it's a relaxed group of people here so just jump on board and join the crazy bus LOL Plenty of folk to help with any questions or navigation of the forum so don't be frightened to ask. There is no such thing as a silly question on here and as most of us know, it is not always the easiest site to navigate around. If you post in wrong place, doesn't matter, it will be lovely to hear of your garden bird watching and what you have seen. Once again, welcome and glad you can join the group.
  • As others have mentioned, the structure of the Forum can be a bit confusing, but starting from the homepage (rspb.org.uk/community) gives you the top level view of all threads in date/time order (which is the easiest way of staying on top of what's happening).  If you're after specific info on a reserve, the shortest route is often to go to the reserve's page - eg rspb.org.uk/titchwell (as that's the one you visited).  Scroll most of the way down & you'll find a section entitled "Latest Forum Posts" and "Latest Blog Posts". Blogs are written by staff, Forum posts by us lot :-)  Titchwell doesn't have regular posters on their Forum page, but Minsmere does (often me!) which will allow you to "visit" the reserve from the comfort of your sofa whilst we're all a bit limited

• JudeS-1514874069 said:

H i joined the rspb last september when i was down in norfolk for the weekend and visited Titchwell.  

I had no idea this was here until tonight,  as I was thinking how sad it is that no-one can get t the reserves now, but for all the right reasons though.

So its now binoculars in the garden

Jude

Hello Jude and welcome to a happy family.

It is sad we can't visit the reserves, but as you rightly point out, it's for the right reasons. To help take some of the sting out of the situation, there is a thread for those not just with camera, but those without, to share their moments: Fabulous garden feeders and feeding birds.

You don't need to have feeders either, or feeding, though that is the prime aim of survival. Many birds will feed from the ground as well, and you might even find a compact or mobile device will produce photos to be shared.

There are many other interesting threads to peruse and join in with as well.

• Oh thank you for such a lively and helpful welcome
  • Thank you for your welcome and so much information.
    All so very helpful especially as all visits will now be from the comfort of a Sofa
    It will be lovely to read and see, during these ’ closed reserve times’ what else is happening via blogs and individuals :)