Blue tits nesting

Hi all, I only started putting bird food out late last year and now I’m obsessed! I don’t have a ‘planted’ garden however I get blue tits, robins and blackbirds daily at my feeders. 
Since Jan I’ve had a pair of blue tits nosey-ing in my bird box and now they’ve been going in it several times a day. I’ve just checked it and there’s nesting material in! I’d just like to share my excitement with you all and it shows that anyone can attract birds to any garden. 

• Welcome Daniel, hope you can keep us updated with news of Blue Tits nesting activities ... any pics?
  • Hi Daniel, it sounds quite promising but as there is nesting material now placed inside the box with the tits going back and forth as the female builds her nest; my advice is to stay well away from the box (unless you are watching distantly via a nest-cam type box) so the blue tits can carry on with their busy breeding/nesting season. Do not be tempted to look inside the box at anytime or you run the risk of falling foul of the Wildlife and Countryside Act (law). Hope you see some lovely chicks around June time. As you say, once you start getting interesting in feeding and watching birds it becomes addictive ! Good luck.
  • 24/03. Well done. I've been feeding them for over 2 years, they have become my world, Squirrels also. I just wonder if your birds came down to feed today? Mine didn't. I have 17 feeders - always full, today just a few. I'm in East London.
  • Hi and good luck with the nesting. It's so exciting when the little fellows take up home in the garden. The last thing you want to do is disturb them - I won't go in the garden if I think the birds are making their nest. That must show a degree of obsession I suppose.