What is going on here???

At about 9am this morning the noise from the birds outside was enough to stop me in my tracks and record this. 

What type of birds are making this volume of noise surely it’s not dawn chorus ??

thanks in advance for any information 

• Hi Nelmes, there could be any number of reasons for the increased volume in bird sound so it's difficult to narrow it down precisely. Birds will alarm call if there is a threat in the area, perhaps a Sparrowhawk or a cat on the prowl which will put the birds on alert as they warn one another. Other reasons could be territorial squabble as birds "battle" for preferred nesting/roosting areas. House Sparrows can be quite vocal as they tend to be in small groups and chatter away in communication. Depends also on what type of sound you heard; chatter, alarm calls or birds in conflict with one another squabbling. I'm afraid I can't narrow it down any further without hearing the sounds you heard and even then it could still be a number of different reasons without witnessing what was happening.
    If you were trying to include a sound recording you may need advice from another forum member on how to upload a recording on to this forum as I've never done one before.
  • Funny you should mention this as although not really a response to your post, my friend sent me a link to a youtube recording of a blackbird mimicking an ambulance siren which reminded me of a bird we used to have around which sounded like a telephone - I never did work out what it was and it always made me think the phone was ringing.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

The sparras are so loud in our hedge at the moment.