Hi I thought I'd share some of my pictures from my kitchen window sill over this year. All taken on my mobile phone, I've been just feeding with sunflower seeds and peanuts. I just wondered if during the winter I should start feeding them something

• I have some pictures of woodpeckers and goldfinches but I can only load 3 on the post
  • That's a lovely set of pictures Carrie. I'm proper jealous of your jay, and the woodpeckers so close!
  • Hi Carrie, what lovely photos in a stunning setting and fabulous species of birds to watch.    We used to get a similar variety in our last garden having lots of oak trees.    The Jays, as well as loving peanuts, will also enjoy raw pastry;   plain flour (no salt added), lard  (I used to buy supermarket own brand).    You can crush up some peanuts and add a handful of mild cheddar cheese to the mix or sunflower hearts or even suet pellets, bind with just enough water to pull the pastry together without it being sticky and then place bits of the raw pastry on the twigs/shrubs or place in a fat-cake or fat-ball feeder and not only the Jays will love it but the tit birds will too.    

Here's a photo of one of the Jays enjoying his share of the raw pastry which had berry suet pellets, kibbled peanuts and a little bit of mild cheddar cheese in it !

• Hello Carrie, welcome from Caithness up a the very top of Scotland. What a lovely secretion of photos you have there. Love Mr Percy Pheasant strutting his stuff!
  • Hello Carrie, great photos and lovely to see the Woodpeckers so clearly. Yes most of us feed the birds more during the winter when the food is hard to find for them, sunflower hearts is very popular and pastry also as Hazy said.
  • Hello Carrie, great photos and lovely to see the Woodpeckers so clearly. Yes most of us feed the birds more during the winter when the food is hard to find for them, sunflower hearts is very popular and pastry also as Hazy said.
  •  Hello Carrie, you have some fabulous birds.  I have some photographs of my garden visitors over the last week.  I had this frame which I thought would be good for the climbing plants but the collard doves absolutely love it.   Action shot!  The starlings (I think that's what they are) are new today, they have been in previous years.

• Hi Carrie, looks like you have a nice place to get some picture of the wildlife and its not often you see a Hummingbird hawk moth saw one myself this year and it was my first so hope to see more next year.
  • Can you spot the chaffinch, goldfinch, nuthatch and coal tit?

This morning we have had a robin, blue, great, and coal tits, collared doves, starlings (I think) chaffinches, goldfinches, a dunnock, a big black bird which I don't know what it is (trying to get a photograph to ask the experts on here), a nuthatch, chaffinches and a squirrel.

And a pair of sparrows darting about the front garden.