Identifying Birds

Hi all I'm always trying to improve my recognition of species, I came across this collection of videos on YouTube, and staying in to watch something on a day like today where the weather is ghastly here in Nth Wales is welcomed.

Here is the link if any are interested 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3hm4LtH_-dp_HkuYmxJklL2f1ikT8eMW

Regards James 

• Hi James
    Yep the BTO do some brilliant ID videos especially ones such as the Marsh/Willow Tit one showing the subtle differences between both birds.
    I've also learned a lot over the years by posting photos on here of anything I want ID,ing from birds/insects/butterflies etc.
    It is tipping it down here just outside of Sheffield and I got soaked on my morning jaunt to top up the feeders on my patch.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Hi Alan thanks for the reply and yes I am learning much more with the help of the videos, I love YouTube for this as it covers a wide variety of personal interests.
    Sheffield eh, you had a fair bit of rain today and floods too, I use to go to school in Worksop and lived in Langold. It was famous for its high diving board and we use to get some occasional rare visitors.
    Now I live in Nth Wales literally on the beach and now I have got to come to terms with learning and identification of millions of wader species!!!
    So as I was a member of the RSPB I decided to take more of an advantage of it and have found this community a couple of days ago and it's great, people are friendly and there are lots of subjects on offer.
    Tonight the wind has picked up and the waves are crashing so I will take a walk along the beach tomorrow and see who has been blown in by the storms.
    I have been told there are Snow Bunting sightings on the Gt Orme, Llandudno and even a Lapland Bunting so I'm going to go there on Saturday.

All the best for now

Regards James
  • I'm in Kiveton James not far from Langold and do the Chesterfield canal quite regular.
    Good luck if you venture out tomorrow as you say with this weather you never know what you will find.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

My Sister lives in Chesterfield not too far from Brimington. As for Wales today we have clear skies and high winds so I'm going to take a walk along the coast.

Regards James