Injured Dove

Hi, 

I'm hoping for some advice if possible please.

My Uncle took in an injured bird yesterday - it looks like some type of Dove.
It's left wing doesn't seem be working properly -  it can fly a little but seems to be struggling. 

Can anybody offer any kind of advice on how to help it?

• The bird seems happy enough, it's eating, walking around and keeps trying to take off - it had a little fly around the garden yesterday but as I said, it does seem to be struggling.
  • Hi Zoe, glad to hear the dove is able to fly, even with difficulty. Because it can fly it stands a good chance at recovery in time (unless it has been catted and has a wound infection) so good luck and hope it goes from strength to strength. You would only need to get help for it if it couldn't fly off and was completely grounded or had an obvious serious injury.
  • Hi Hazel,

Thank you for your reply.

It doesn't appear to have any serious injuries, so fingers crossed it will be back to good health soon!
  • Hope all goes well with the bird Zoe, nice that you are looking after it, many would not bother.
  • I hope so too - it's my Uncle that is looking after it at the moment but I know if I found an injured bird, I would have to help.
    I'm an animal lover so I'd hate to see anything suffer. I have been fretting about it ever since I saw it, it's a lovely little thing and very friendly.

He text this morning to let me know that the bird returned this morning - I think he may he found a new friend!