Moles - what do you do with a mole in your garden?

Hello,

I'm making a short film for TV about the nation's love affair (or otherwise) with the European mole. I'm looking to interview lots of people for their funny anecdotes or opinions about moles and I thought I'd put a shout out incase anyone here can help me Slight smile

I know there's ;ots of people who love nature but don't know what to do when a mole moves in - I would love to hear from you!

If you're interested please please give email me: emily.goldblatt@bbc.co.uk

Thank you Pray

• We use soil in the molehill for mixing up with compost as it's lovely & soft. We have battery operated anti mole vibration devices in the veggie plot which sends them off onto the lawn & flower beds (or the neighbours garden) & they don't really matter.
  • Hi Emily, we were plagued with moles for a while a few years ago, many mole hills in the garden! I would keep the soil and add it to compost, brush over the patch, press the chunk of lawn back down that had been pushed up brushed the grass to make it look respectable. Still they can back, so what I did was stuck a bamboo cane down each hole and put a 2L empty plastic bottle onto the cane, when the wind blew the bottles moved and made a noise and movement on the cane, they don't like that and he presto, moles stopped, moved away and lawn was as good as new (eventually)!