Catlady's Holiday in Arran

Hello fellow forum friends. Hubby and I back yesterday after a week on the beautiful Isle of Arran. Lovely to meet up and catch up with the relatives again. Took some photos from the lovely cottage that we rent, mostly the same as last year, but something to look at. Hope you like. Out and about saw the usual sea birds, a swan with her babies, and one day hubby saw a peacock with her babies. No sign of the Golden Eagle though! The usual garden birdies. 

Mr Pheasant and Great Tit.

Mr.Blackbird with a ring.

Robin, this fellow was cheeky enough to come in and sit on the arm of the chair whilst I put the food out!

The other robin had a ring on, and a baby was going about also.

Coal Tit, my these are hard to photo, they flit about that fast!

Two male chaffies having a good old spat over the food, whilst another waits his turn!

There was also a chaffie with a leg ring on.

This was a wee male chaffie, I think he had problems, a wee bit rounded and would shake his

head, ate ok though, looked out for him each day.

Honest, there is a Blue Tit on the feeder, could not get it at the step.

A lovely red squirrel.

These two have red squirrels on the feeder, but the first was almost black!

l

Lots of shrubs and trees made a colourful splash.

To finish a few looking over the Kilbrannan Sound, over to the Mull of Kintyre.

I can hear you all singing the song now!!

We had rain every day, but it was quite bright and not cold, we had a flash of sun the day I got these! All taken on my ipad

so not as good and fancy as if taken with decent photographic equiptment.

Enjoy, CL.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• What a lovely place it looks from your photos, guessing you stayed in the same place as last year. The garden looks wonderful, no wonder you had such a fantastic variety of birds and red and black squirrels ! Now we have sold our house and large garden and cut down on the amount of chores maybe we will get to see this area for ourselves one day; you make it look so tempting so thanks for this interesting thread Catlady and glad you had a good holiday and family catch up. .

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Looks a super spot CL, we've always wanted to "do" the Highland and Islands.. we ventured to the Highlands for a week in late spring, and had a trip to Mull. but not really long enough to explore in depth the amazing countryside, so we'll be heading back uo in the next year or so to go more "islandy" lol. Thanks for the share
  • Thanks CL
    , so pleased you both enjoyed and caught up with the relatives, and as Hazy said, lovely variety of Birds etc,
    The Garden as you say looking colourful. it does appear to have been a very good year for Hydrangeas and Fushia.

• Lynn L said:
    All taken on my ipad

I did post CL yesterday but see it's done disappearing act!!

Amazing how good phone pics are ... glad to hear you enjoyed your hols!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• That looks a stunning place to stay CL.
    Love the views and garden and even with your Ipad you can tell what the birds are and that's what counts.

My Flickr photos

• Glad you had a good holiday and were able to meet family again. Arran must have quite a mild climate as the gardens look beautiful.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Looks like a lovely place ... but then, it does have Red Squirrels in the garden, so that's probably a given

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks all for the lovely comments.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• A bit jealous of this visit Catlady unfortunately due mainly to health reasons our Scotland fix was only as far as Dumfries and Galloway,a great place but we do miss getting further North

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• What a fabulous holiday, and photos, somewhere I'd love to go.

Perhaps one day.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler